Please help us congratulate our Teacher and Support Person of the year!
TEACHER of the YEAR: Ms. Donna Barrett
SUPPORT PERSON of the YEAR: Ms. Althea Council
UPCOMING SPECIAL EVENTS!
- December 2-6- CSMS Book Fair in ELA classes
- Wednesday, December 4- Title 1 Student Showcase Night! FREE Pizza at 4:30 pm, Self-guided stations including Science Fair Display, MakerSpaces, Hour of Code, & Book Fair from 5:00-5:50 pm, Winter Band Concert & Art Display at 6:00 pm
- Thursday, December 12 -High School Academy Information presentation for 8th graders during the school day; High School Academy applications are available in guidance
- Thursday, December 19 - Half Day
- Friday, December 20 - Half Day
- Monday, December 23- January 6- Christmas Break
- Tuesday, January 7- Students Return from Christmas Break
- Tuesday, January 7- Boys' Basketball Try-Outs
- Tuesday, January 7- Girls' Tennis Try-Outs
- Monday, January 13- Parent Night for High School Academy Information at 6:00 pm on CSMS campus
- Monday, January 20- Martin Luther King Day Holiday
- Friday, January 31- High School Academy Applications deadline
Thank you to our PBIS Sponsors
If you would like to be a PBIS Sponsor, please call Mrs. Merchant or Mrs. McMahan at 352-344-2244, Ext. 4415.
Looking for assistance for the holidays?
Please contact these local agencies:
- Citrus County Family Resource Center: 352-344-1011
- Salvation Army: 352-513-4960
- Church Without Walls: 300 S. Kensington Avenue, Lecanto; to pre-registration for assistance at the holidays go to their church office between 9:00 am to 3:00 pm Tuesday thru Friday. The church office is located in the back of the building.
We are so excited to announce the revival of the CSMS Drama Club! Actors meet each Monday from dismissal to 4:30. Stage crew should watch their email for meeting dates. A snack and study time is provided. Parents and guardians are reminded to pick up students promptly by 4:30. Stay tuned for information about a performance in March. Drama Club Advisors are: Mrs. Flippen, Mrs. Fowler, Sr., Ms. Fowler, Jr., Mrs. Hytovick, Mrs. Keene and Mrs. Rankin.
No dismissal changes may be made AFTER 1:45.
Car Line Pick up and Drop off PROCEDURES
Drop off: Car rider line begins at 7:20. Students MAY NOT be released from vehicles until 7:20. As per stated in the CSMS handbook, "Due to supervision concerns, students may arrive on campus NO EARLIER than 7:20 am." Vehicles MUST use the car line to drop off their student. Vehicles MAY NOT enter the middle school parking lot to drop off students. Please drive slowly. Please do not talk on your cellphone during drop-off.
Pick up: Dismissal begins at 2:20 pm. Vehicles MUST use the car line to pick up their student. Vehicles MAY NOT enter the middle school parking lot to pick up students. Please drive slowly. Please do not talk on your cellphone during pick up.
*We are no longer allowing students to cross over to be picked up from the parking lot.
Soaring Falcon students are chosen monthly by the grade level teachers to be recognized for their consistent outstanding school performance and attitude.
6th - Chloe Anderson, Nicholas Hirsch
7th - Sedona Stackpoole, Nathan Vonderhaur
8th - Blakely Messer, Brandon Rizo
6th - Kaydin Currie, Cade Perez
7th - Nova Armstrong, Jasmyn Cook, Dylan Donahoe, Christiana Harvin, Jeremiah Knight, Zachary Martin, Emma Richard, Jordon Rose, Alex Santiago
- 8th- Angel Cooksey, Madison Mallory, Orlando Mercado, Angela Cooksey, Madison Mallory
3:00pm in our Media Center
S.T.E.A.M. Club (Science Technology Engineering Art & Math) runs every Thursday in room Ms. Markey's room from 2:30-4:00. See your science teacher for a permission slip.
If you have any questions concerning Title l please call: Rene’ Johnson (Title l Coordinator) @ 352-726-1931
A.V.I.D. is a college and career readiness program-Advancement Via Individual Determination. A.V.I.D. Dress up days are held on the second Tuesday of each month.
FCA-Fellowship of Christian Athletes-ALL are welcome! Meetings are held the first and third Thursdays of the month @ 7:30 AM in the gym.
SWAT (Students Working Against Tobacco) will meet every second Tuesday of every month during B-lunch.
GIRLS BASKETBALL Coaches: Samler, Campbell
- Dec. 3- CSMS at SS 4:00/5:00
- Dec. 5- Villages at CSMS 3:00/4:00
- Dec. 9- IMS at CSMS 3:00/4:00
- Dec, 11- CSMS at LMS 3:00/4:00
- Dec. 12- CSMS at CRMS 3:00/4:00
- Dec. 16- WW at CSMS 3:00/4:00
- Dec. 17/18 Championships at CRMS Time TBA
BOYS TENNIS Coach: Goddard
- Dec. 2- IMS at CSMS 3:00
- Dec. 4- CRMS at CSMS 3:00
- Dec. 9- BYE
- Dec. 11- CSMS at CRMS 3:00
- Dec. 16- CSMS at LMS 3:00
- Dec. 18- Championships at LHS 1:00
Teachers Working Out-Of-Field
Citrus Springs Middle School is proud that all 59 teachers and administrators who work with our students are certified by the State of Florida or other governing board. We appreciate the following teachers who have volunteered to teach a subject outside of their primary certification and are currently taking classes to obtain certification in the area they are teaching out-of-field.
- Rebekah Paprzycki Pending Certification Math 5-9
- Cynthia Rankin Out of Field Music/Chorus/Band
Each of these teachers has both experience and coursework in the area they are teaching. They are excellent teachers and we appreciate the extra effort they are putting forth on behalf of our students.
Christina Fowler is currently serving as a substitute teacher in the area of Reading. We feel she will best meet the needs of your child/children. If you wish to receive information concerning the substitute’s qualifications, you may do so in writing to the principal.