What is Student Success Portal?
Student Success Portal provides you with a central location to connect to the people and services that can help you finish what you start – all accessible right from Connections/World Classroom. Student Success Portal enables students to engage more effectively with the campus community and ultimately achieve your academic goals.
Information You Need To Know
• The Student Success Portal is protected under the Family Educational Rights and Protection Act (FERPA).
• The purpose of the Student Success Portal is to give you immediate information about your academic journey and those individuals connected to you to support your experience.
• Most alerts in the systems are viewable by you, the faculty or staff member who raised them, and any individual who may be associated with the alert. These alerts are meant to connect everyone with the common goal of ensuring your academic success.
Student Success Portal ®Student Benefits
• Single sign-on through Connections and WorldClassRoom
• A convenient and interactive platform that gives you 24/7 access to your success team and the ability to schedule meetings with key representatives from areas that ensure your success
• The ability to communicate detailed information about your needs directly to your success team in real time
• Another way for faculty members to communicate with you about your classroom experience and for your success team to offer support regarding any concerns
• A single location to receive notifications from faculty members, your advisor, and key campus personnel
Student Success Portal Terms You Need To Know
- Flags: Raise alerts
- Kudos: Provide positive reinforcement and feedback
- Referrals: Allows faculty and staff to refer students to specific services (i.e., Academic Advising, Counseling, Financial Aid, Tutoring, and Writing)
- My Success Network: List of people and resources that are available to assist you.
- Dashboard: Your Dashboard displays upcoming appointments and date-based tasks on the left to help you plan your week. The right hand column of your Dashboard highlights items that require your attention and may include alerts related to your class work, recommended referrals to campus support offices to help you succeed, and Kudos from your instructors.
- Messages: The messages will display the content of email messages sent to you through Student Success Portal.
- Services Catalog: Individuals and services can be found in the broader Services catalog. On this page you can search for a service or scroll through the list of available services. For each service you can, view contact information, visit service websites, and schedule online appoints (if available).