As mentioned, we will host a panel for each engineering major. This will allow students to visualize and connect to the various industries connected to each path of study.
Typically, each speaker will join the panel that represents their major during their time at RPI, however we know career paths are long and wide, and take many twists and turns! We are happy for speakers to connect with their formal major, or with the major that connects best to their current job. Both perspectives are equally valuable.
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering (BMED and BMED Premed)
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical, and Computer, and Systems Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
The Industry Hour audience primarily includes:
- Undeclared Engineering Students
- First-Year Engineering students of the major
- Students considering changing their major
- Students from other RPI schools considering engineering
- Transfer students who are joining the RPI community
Occasionally, upper-class students will join us and they are always welcome. The program is not restrictive to any cohort, school or major. All are welcome to attend!
Format of the Panel
Industry Hour for Fall 2021 will be an online program.
This allows panelists to join us from all over the world, and students to join us from the comfort of their dorm rooms after a long day of classes. We will schedule meetings through WebEx and all attendees, hosts, and panelists will be invited in advance.
Each Industry Hour panel will be recorded and published on our SoE Hub YouTube Channel.
Monday, 5:45 to 7 pm.
Industry Hour occurs nearly every Monday during the Fall semester. Each Monday focuses on a different engineering major depending on a schedule agreed to by all engineering departments. Once this schedule is finalized (typically in early August), we will post the official dates here.
The Fall 2021 Schedule:
- September 7th - Mechanical Engineering
- September 13th - Civil Engineering
- September 20th - Materials Engineering
- September 27th - Environmental Engineering
- October 4th - Industrial and Systems Engineering
- October 18th - Electrical, and Computer, and Systems ENGR
- October 25th - Biomedical Engineering
- November 1st - Aeronautical Engineering
- November 8th - Nuclear Engineering
- November 22nd - Chemical Engineering
Kristin is the advisor for the Undeclared Engineers, working in the School of Engineering Advising Hub. As the creator of Industry Hour in Fall 2018, she continues to work at the moderator of this program.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out! email@example.com