In 2016, the Crawford County Partnership for Education and Economic Development completed several Economic and Community Development initiatives from the community's strategic plan, Crawford: 20/20 Vision.
BUSINESS SUCCESS & JOB AVAILABILITY
- Supervisor Boot Camp trained another 40 Crawford County supervisors in Communication, Conflict Resolution, Employment Law, Time Management and more! In total, 116 Supervisors from 27 different businesses have completed this innovative program, designed to decrease turnover. New in 2016: Boot Camp graduates can now receive college credit, thanks to our collaboration with North Central State College!
- WAGE expanded this year to include two more schools and five new businesses! To date, 425 students and 128 educators have toured 12 different businesses to learn about local job opportunities, and the skills needed to obtain them.
- Site Certification: This year, Outlot 619 in the OhioCrossroads Industrial Park was one of five sites in Ohio to become certified as Shovel-Ready for Food & Beverage Manufacturing. Lots in the park were among the top 20 selected out of 366 for State Certification through JobsOhio and the Regional Growth Partnership! Read more Economic Development-specific news here!
EDUCATION & WORKFORCE PREPARATION
- The Crawford Success Center celebrated its 1st "birthday" this year, but the community got all of the presents! Over 300 Crawford County residents were served-- many of whom were first-generation college students.
- Crawford Works-- now in its pilot phase, this new workforce development training job readiness program partners with employers to help willing and able job-seekers begin a pathway to economic self-sufficiency. Learn more at www.crawfordcoworks.com
- Leader in Me: In just two years, over 2,200 students and their families, and 180 teachers and mentors have embraced The Leader in Me program in three Crawford County schools. This transformational program, based on Stephen Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, has produced overwhelmingly positive changes in attitude and achievement schoolwide! Thanks to local match funds from Ohio Mutual, Advanced Fiber Technology and American Electric Power, Crawford: 20/20 Vision secured the Community Connectors Grant for a second year, which helps fund The Leader in Me, Crawford County Mentoring Program , and WAGE.
Don't forget to help promote Crawford County's Won't Happen 2 Me efforts, click below!
- Crawford Unlimited Leadership (CU Lead): This year's CU Leaders are learning to lead in the community with an expanded curriculum and a new facilitator. Steve Mohr, retired Crawford County educator and certified Teacher/Trainer of the John Maxwell Group, is incorporating the philosophies of John Maxwell, Stephen Covey and Jeremie Kubicek. The 2016-2017 class has 20 students from 15 different companies.
- 5Gears/5Voices Workshop, Leadercast, 100x opportunity: Jeremie Kubicek, one of the founders of Leadercast and global leadership company, GiANT Worldwide and Brian Williamson, also of GiANT, were in Crawford County in March to deliver an interactive workshop to area high school students and business leaders. Our Leadership Development team also brought Brian back this month to tell local employers about GiANT's 100x program.
- State of the Vision in 2016 encouraged Crawford Partnership investors and volunteers to plant, fertilize and water. Guest speaker was Jeremie Kubicek of GiANT Worldwide and guests were also treated to Leader in Me performances by Wynford and Bucyrus' lighthouse teams.
- Leadership Academy: inspired by the 5 Gears/5 Voices workshop in March, area principles got together and chose students they felt had leadership potential and formed an academy that now meets bi-monthly and further develops the students' leadership skills. Click here to read more!