This bibliography is by no means exhaustive. It was made by reviewing dozens of recommended reading and viewing lists and drawing together those most cited, which can be found in the List of Lists at the bottom of this page. Choose a category below to get started.
Image by Jane Mount, "Ideal Bookshelf 1162: Anti-Racism"
- Be sure to ask yourself about your goals for reading, and re-examine them often. Engage in this learning as a life-long practice.
- Mind the gap between seeking a list of readings and doing the reading. Commit to doing the work.
- At the same time, don't imagine that you must read everything in order to lend your voice in protest and advocacy.
- Put that reading and learning into action.
- Be ready to make mistakes, to own and apologize for those mistakes, and to try again.
Created with images by Drew Coffman - "untitled image" • Kyle Glenn - "Awesome stencil on a book cart outside of Green Apple Books in San Francisco’s Inner Richmond district." • Muukii - "untitled image"