MIS STUDENT RECOGNITION
"Gotcha" Prize Winners: We would like to recognize the following students for exhibiting great character throughout the week. They were selected as our "Gotcha" prize winners this week:
Evelyn S., Zach W., Chase D., Abbey M., Tate B., Claire H., Ryan L., & Garrett J.
MIS students are spreading kindness and positivity through being a Bucket Filler. What have you done today to fill someone’s “bucket?” #bucketfiller #kindnessmatters #Proud2bMIS
weekly school News
1. #thankfulThursday: The office staff would like your help in recognizing our staff. Please take a few moments and use the link below to provide some encouragement to those folks that are making a major difference in your child's future. These comments can be anonymous, or you can provide your name. The office staff will use the provided comments every Thursday for our #thankfulThursday movement. The attached form can be completed, as little or often as you like, throughout the entire school year. We appreciate your support in growing the culture of gratitude that already exists at MIS!!
A couple of positive comments already submitted:
"Mr. Berrier goes above and beyond his normal teacher to student duties to help my son stay focused on his task. I appreciate Mr. Berrier as a parent, he is very patient and he keeps in touch with me frequently per my request so that we together can ensure that my son is getting all of the assistance he needs to succeed in school from home as well. My son also shares great stories about Mr. Berrier and how much detailed help he offers him and he says the class isn’t boring. Overall, I am very happy with the learning experience he is receiving at Maxwell."
"I am thankful for all of Mrs Hall’s hard work on the MIS yearbook! It is such a special artifact for students to look back and remember their days at Maxwell, and I know she puts many hours into creating it! Thanks, Mrs. Hall!!"
2. Student Council Movie Night: The Student Council will be sponsoring two movie nights:
1. 4th Grade - Wednesday, March 11th, and
2. 5th/6th Grade: Thursday March 12th. Both will run from 2:30-4:15 .
Students must have a signed permission slip to stay.
3. 2020-21 Robotics Team: If your child might have an interest in participating on the robotics team next year, please click the link below for more information.
4. For more information on the 2020 Census, please visit census.gov/schools.
5. DINE TO TO DONATE: On Wednesday, March 11th, the MIS Archaeology Club will be holding a fundraiser at Greenfield's Buffalo Wild Wings! The fundraiser will be from 5pm to 8pm. When you show this ticket (Linked below), 15% of your purchase will be donated to the club. Orders can be carry-out or dine in.
6. Health Ed Pros: We are pleased to inform you that your 5th or 6th grade child is scheduled to participate in human growth and development programming this year with Health Ed Pros. A parent information meeting will be held at Greenfield Intermediate School on March 10th from 6:30-8:00pm. See the attached document for more information as well as to give your child permission to participate or to pull them from the program. Please note a paper copy of this document was sent home earlier this week as well.
7. MIS BOOK BATTLE (NEW EVENT TO MIS!!): Where reading meets competition! Students who love reading, love trivia, and love to compete are invited to join MIS Book Battle. Students will work in teams of four to read selected books and then compete in May to be the Book Battle Champions!
Please see the attached flyer (Click Here) or contact Mrs. Wayne (email@example.com) for more information.
8. Camp Invention: The 2020 camp will be July 13-17th at J.B. Stephens Elementary from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The cost per child is $235. The camp is for children entering grade K-6. If you have questions or need more information, please contact Mrs. Lisa Leliaert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Hancock County Children's Theater: Students currently in grades 4 through 8 are invited to apply for the 2020 Children's Theater Workshop. This year's show will be "Rockin' Robin Hood", an exciting take on the original legend of Robin Hood. The workshop will be held at Greenfield-Central High School. The performances will be in the GCHS auditorium. Classes will begin June 2nd, 2020 and continue through June 26th, 2020. The workshop meets from 8:30am-11:30am, Monday-Friday.
If your child is interested in acting, singing, dancing, art or theater tech, be sure to have him/her pick up an application from his/her music or art teacher. Applications are due by March 3rd.
10. AskRose Homework Help: Trained Rose-Hulman tutors provide free help to students in math and science. This support is available Sunday-Thursday, 7pm to 10pm (877-Ask-Rose).
11. 2019-20 Yearbook Information: The Maxwell Intermediate School yearbook is now on sale! Cost for the yearbook is $18 (personalization can also be added for an additional fee). To order online, go to ybpay.lifetouch.com and use the code 10768420. Please be sure to order your book by the deadline: March 13th, 2020. Just enough books are ordered to cover the request submitted and extras are not guaranteed. Don’t miss out on your child’s memories.
If you have any question, please reach out to Mrs. Hall at email@example.com.
12. Schoolstore.com: Our school will be participating in the SchoolStore program this year. This online program helps our school earn cash without students selling door-to-door, collecting money or delivering products. Over 400 merchants, including Target and WalMart.com, have joined together to offer up to 50% of sales to our school for shopping through SchoolStore.com.
You shop online for what you are planning to purchase anyway and support our school. Simply go to www.schoolstore.com, select our school (School code: 8981) and let the shopping begin!! Feel free to share with family members and friends.
13. School Safety: A critical ingredient in the safe school recipe is the classroom response to an incident at school. Weather events, fire, accidents, intruders and other threats to student safety are scenarios that are planned and trained for by students, teachers, staff and administration.
Standard Response Protocol: Our school has expanded the safety program to include the Standard Response Protocol - Extended (SRPx). The SRPx is based on these five actions: Lockout, Lockdown, Evacuate, Shelter and Hold.
Please take a moment to review these actions. More information regarding this topic can be found at http://iloveuguys.org
15. Safe School Alert: SafeSchools Alert is our district's tip reporting service. If you have information about a threat to our safety, do your part and report it. Please remember, you can remain anonymous. Should you have a need to report an issue, please click on the link below for details on how to do so.
15. School Dismissal Manager (CLICK FOR INSTRUCTIONS):
Maxwell Intermediate School utilizes the School Dismissal Manager program or app to safely manage transportation arrangements for our students at the end of the day. Parents may also report absences or schedule early dismissal for appointments. We are fully using SDM at this time. Any change you need to make to your child's after school transportation should be done through this prior to 1:00pm. If you have any questions regarding this program, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (317)326-3121.
KEEPING UP WITH THE LATEST AT MIS