Your diet is a FAD if it:
- Promotes weight loss (2 lbs. per week);
- Is short-term weight loss success;
- Excludes major food categories (like gluten and carbs);
- Promotes supplements instead of healthy choices from a grocery store;
- Gives you people's testimonies rather than scientific evidence;
- Does not include physical activities.
Fantasies and Truths About Weight-Loss Fads
FANTASY: You'll get in shape quick without expending calories.
TRUTH: No known trick for weight reduction without exercise.
FANTASY: You can still eat all you want and still lose weight.
TRUTH: energy consumed must be used to improve the body or stored as fat.
FANTASY: You will never regain the weight even after using a product.
TRUTH: Lower weight maintenance requires life-long changes in diet and exercise.
FANTASY: Dieticians don't know about "modern" nutrition - listen to personal testimonies online.
TRUTH: Dieticians, trained and experienced, rely on scientific approaches therefore, consult them for your diet.