The UCB 'Spotlight on Great Teaching Award' is designed to encourage and recognise significant contributions by staff to the learning journey of our students. The awards demonstrate UCB's on-going commitment to teaching and learning excellence.
Using the criteria below as a guide, both FE and HE students will be able to vote online for their chosen lecturer or academic support worker
Criteria - Lecturers/Academic Support Workers who:
- Lights up a subject with passion, creativity and insight
- Uses innovative and engaging methods of lesson delivery
- Makes students feel challenged but supported
- Gives useful and timely feedback and supports students' progress
- Has a positive approach and is accessible
- Encourages students to want to learn more
- Uses teaching methods that require students to learn actively and co-operatively
All students will have one online vote each and be asked to explain in no more than 500 words why their chosen staff member is being nominated. Voting closes on 1st March 2017.
A Teaching Awards Committee chaired by Professor Alex Lofthouse, Pro-Vice Chancellor (Performance and Partnerships) with representation from the Guild of Students will judge all entries. Awards will be announced in May 2017.
Each winner will be awarded £1000 which will be presented along with a teaching award at the FE or HE awards congregations depending on the recipient's teaching area.
The awards will be launched to students on Monday 5th December 2016 so please encourage your students to get voting. Contact the Directorate of Teaching and Learning Enhancement - firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further queries regarding the UCB Spotlight on Great Teaching Awards.