Jump Rope for Heart
During PE class students will be participating in Jump Rope for Heart through The American Heart Association. Classes will participate on the following days: Feb 23: Dedmon, Price, Hall, Riley, Brown, Schneider, and Roller. Feb. 24: McKinney, Blomenkamp, Leeper, and Snyder. Feb. 27: Hutsell, Parent, Lorance, and Pope. Parents interested in volunteering can contact Coach Vedder at email@example.com.
Jump Rope for Heart teaches kids about keeping their heart healthy...jumping rope is a great exercise to do this! They also have the option of using this opportunity to help raise funds to support the American Heart Association. If they have chosen to do so, those collection envelopes are due to Coach Vedder by March 1, 2017.
Mrs. Amber Roller is experimenting with alternative seating options in her classroom thanks to a grant funded through Community Foundation of the Ozarks. While traditional chairs work well for some students, others need options to help them keep their focus on their work. A couple of options include stools that wobble to allow for some movement and exercise balls that require some core engagement. Students are trying out options to decide what is the "best" fit for them.
- Feb. 14 - Valentine Parties (2:30 - 3:20pm)
- Feb. 16 - School Board Meeting
- Feb. 17 - No School: Teacher Professional Development Day
- Feb. 18 - Father/Daughter Dance
- Feb. 20 - School IS in session due to a snow make-up day
- Feb. 23 - 3rd Grade Music Program (7:00pm - High School Auditorium)
- Feb. 28 - Spring Pictures at the Elementary
- Mar. 1 - 3rd Grade Field Trip
- Mar. 4 - Mother/Son Event
- Mar. 13 - 17 - No School: Spring Break