If you wish to view the Powerpoint presentation for this module then click below.
What is a Case Study?
A Case Study is a qualitative* enquiry that investigates a certain phenomena (learning situation, technology for learning) with a certain group of people/person and typically linked to a thing. (*Measures quality not quantity.)
- The case = the people or person
- Case reports within bounded environment
- A case may include multiple forms data collection
Why a case study
- Allows for exploration of a problem or concern
- Takes a holistic view of the problem or concern
- Flexibility - accessibility/convenience (situations where sampling can be difficult).