Report and Payment Extensions
- The due date for filing the Tax and Wage report and paying your contributions for the 1st quarter of 2020 has been extended to June 1, 2020.
- While awaiting additional guidance from the U.S. Department of Labor on the CARES Act, Title II, Subtitle A, Section 2103, the due date for first quarter 2020 quarterly benefit charge payments for reimbursable employers has also been extended to June 30, 2020.
- There is no action required by you to be eligible for this extension.
- If the report and payments are received by the extended due date, you will not receive a delinquent notice from our Collections Department.
Please temporarily disregard any amount listed within the ‘Potential Charge’ field on the Notice to Employer with a benefit year begin date of March 8, 2020. Per recent federal and state legislation in addition to Executive Order 2020-11 signed by Governor Ducey on March 20, 2020, the Arizona Department of Economic Security will not consider unemployment benefits granted during the duration of the emergency declaration in Arizona chargeable to your experience rating account. The Department is reviewing guidance issued by the United States Department of Labor (USDOL) in response to legislative changes to implement these modifications; any further information necessary for employers will be available soon.
To stay up to date on DES services related to COVID-19, please visit our website at
ADDITIONAL BUSINESS RESOURCES DUE TO THE COVID-19
The Arizona Commerce Authority has gathered resources to support businesses and employees as they help combat the spread of COVID-19. Details available by clicking the button below. This site will be updated regularly as new information becomes available.
IRS has announced a new employee retention credit available for many businesses financially impacted by COVID-19. Details available by clicking the button below.
All wages paid must be reported for the quarter in which they were paid
•Taxable Wages = $7,000 per employee per calendar year
•Gross Wages = Total wages paid to each employee
•Excess Wages = Gross Wages – Taxable Wages
•File a Quarterly Tax and Wage Report
• Make a Payment (ACH Debit)
• Report Address and Business Changes
• View / Print copies of Quarterly Filings previously filed via the internet
• Electronically transmit up to 5,000 Tax and Wage Reports per file
• Make a Payment (ACH Credit)
• Receive Electronic Acknowledgment
TWS /AZURE - UITAccounting@azdes.gov or (602) 771-6601
The Internet Response Module for Employers (IRME) allows employers to respond to Wage Audit Notices electronically. Prompt response to these notices reduces improper payments, decreasing charges to your UI account to stabilize future tax rates.
IRME - WageAuditUnit@azdes.gov or (602) 364-4300
The UI State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES) is a free service that employers can use to respond electronically to Notice to Employer (form UB-110) requests for separation information regarding former employees. Use SIDES to reduce mailing costs, decrease response time, and provide accurate and complete information initially to reduce additional requests for more information and overpayments.
• SIDES E-Response - UIAClientAdvocate@azdes.gov or (602) 542-5954
Let’s Work Together!
ARIZONA@WORK partners with employers throughout the state to meet their workforce needs. With locally based services, we have the network to connect people and jobs. By helping businesses succeed and grow, we lay the groundwork for a stronger Arizona economy. And by sharing the solutions you need to find the right employees - right here, right now -we’re committed to real teamwork with you. For more information - CONTACT US TODAY!
•Apprenticeship - www.azapprenticeship.com
•Vocational Rehabilitation Services - TStump@azdes.gov
•Workforce Opportunity Tax Credit- WOTC@azdes.gov or (602) 771-0899