KEY TAKEAWAYS FOR REGIONAL SALES COORDINATORS in COLORADO DURING MONTHLY PLANNING SESSIONS.
These will be discussed on BOX CALLS w/ MKD as a review of the MAPS.
- Do you know the top 5 Open Enrollment Opportunities for AP inside the region for 30-60-90 Days? If conducted successfully an RSC will know which accounts are TOP PRIORITY. You should also know exactly what is happening next on each of these accounts. Who is responsible for what, target dates & who is helping the Associate? You or the DSC?
- Do you know what each persons GOALS are after meeting with them? Can you differentiate between SHORT TERM GOALS like Convention or A-FAME & LONG TERM GOALS like building their business to 100 accounts, operating on 100% referrals, working with Brokers, growing Annual AP to over 500K 700K 1M etc... Are their goals to retire and manage a smaller book of business? WHAT ARE THEIR SHORT-TERM & LONG-TERM GOALS? You should know this, write it down, type it into your notes & remember what they are for each Agent.
- TIE SHORT & LONG TERM GOALS back to the necessary actions/coaching that you are giving your Agents during your Monthly Income Planning Sessions.
- What are 2-3 things that you have identified as prescriptive, that either THEY will be doing or YOU will be doing or BOTH? Attend a training? Speak to a top VETERAN about ____________? Set a time with DSC/RSC to cover ____________ which will help them to _______________ which was a goal of theirs.
- Based on the Monthly Income Planning Session or Monthly Agent Planning Sessions you conducted WHAT COACHING DOES THE DSC NEED based on things that may have came up multiple times with different Associates on that DSC's Team? Practice LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT with your DSC's when you uncover potential GAPS.
- Whats going on in your agents PERSONAL LIFE? What did they share with you? As the RSC you should remember this and check in on it throughout the month if it is something they are excited about like the birth of a child, nephew, grandchild etc... A family member graduating high-school or college, the big game etc...
This discipline.....the will serve in the short-term as a COACHING, TRAINING & CONNECTING check-in point with Agents both NEW & VETERAN to drive success in Q1 & Q2 with our Book Of Business. The SHORT TERM GOAL is SIMPLE & CLEAR.....to increase O.E. Completion % & A.P. Per Re-Enrollment. Focusing on our Book of Business in Q1 & into Q2. While the MID-RANGE to LONG-TERM goal (12-36 mo & beyond) is to have MAPS serve as the OPERATING SYSTEM for delivery of any key initiatives, implementation items, 1-1 training, leadership development of future CIT's & DSC's, support to product roll-outs, launch of Partner Products on Everwell etc...
MIPS will be in short our OPERATING SYSTEM for multiple topics and MARKET READY SOLUTIONS that can, will, must be deployed. You will also see a steady leveling off of your current decreases in 2nd & 3rd year producers, then you will begin to see INCREASES in 2nd & 3rd year producers. Leading to MASSIVE AWP GROWTH & success in your organization. People slow down or leave our organizations in year 2 & 3 for many reasons, often times those reasons can be overcome and even made non-existent if the LEADER of the organization engages in a meaningful developmental conversation during MAPS. As a bi-product of these you will also see your DSC's skill sets increase greatly around PERFORMANCE COACHING as you will be modeling the way, monthly. This will also lead to compounded growth in the organization as the QUALITY OF YOUR DSC'S COACHING will increase and that will translate into more effective FIELD SALES COACHING from DSC to Agent during the rest of the month.
RSC's & Agents, NEW or VETERAN. DSC's are expected to attend as well but the RSC LEADS & MODELS the way. The RSC must own this discipline. If DSC's repeatedly miss these the the RSC should discuss this with the DSC in the DSC's CDI.
A simple sit down face to face session, MONTHLY with your agents. All producers, NEW & VETERAN. Calendared for the entire year on the market calendar (see BLACKOUT DATES for MAPS). CONSISTENCY is key. Preparation is KEY. The discussions should show the agents you care, should be UNINTERRUPTED and should be PLANNED.
Monthly, according to the Colorado Market Calendar on the State Website. Generally speaking, the BLACKOUT DATES are the 2nd full week of the quarter. This should be communicated to your team already. BEST PRACTICE = Each DSC has a specific day that week where their teams are scheduled. DSC 1 on Monday (After MMM). DSC 2 on Tuesday & DSC 3 on Wednesday. This also allows you to have a 1-1 "Catch Up" or CDI with your DSC, monthly, checking in on A-FAME's, FAME & of course the MAPS need to be reviewed with your DSC's as well for action items and NEXT STEPS. This needs to be CONSISTENT & the RSC CANNOT PASS OFF to the DSC.
At the REGIONAL OFFICE or out in the field, coffee shop etc... If the Agents will come into the REGIONAL office excellent, if they wont/cant make the effort to go to them. This is ABOUT THEM & THEIR business, not you and your needs, quota or requirements/projections. Be OTHER CENTERED. In the beginning to make sure that you get maximum traction you may put a few miles on your car, that's O.K.
how- FOLLOW THE PERFORMANCE COACHING STEPS- use these tools.
IT IS CRUCIAL TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING C.R.M. IN ADDITION TO THE SHEETS ABOVE. C.R.M. SHOULD BE OPEN AND ACTIVE WITH THE AGENT WHILE YOU ARE MEETING.