- Attendance at children's programs rose 25% this year! Over 42,000 children attended an event at one of our locations.
- We saw more than 7,000 teens at events geared for kids in grades 6-12. That was a 11% increase over last year.
- Adult program attendance increased by 6% with over 4,700 adults attending a program at the library last year.
- Overdrive (ebooks and Audiobooks) 53,124 checkouts.
- Hoopla (eBooks, audiobooks, music and movies) 14,992 checkouts.
- Zinio (magazines) 12,722 checkouts.
- 26,269 songs were downloaded from Freegal (music) this year. If you consider the average price of these songs on iTunes, these people would have collectively paid $33,659.97. Instead, they checked out these songs for FREE!
In 2016, CMPL officially launched the Family Place initiative. Family Place builds on the knowledge that good health, early learning, parental involvement and supportive communities play a critical role in young children’s growth and development. Core components of Family Place libraries include:
- Collections of materials (books, music, toys) for babies, toddlers, parents and caregivers.
- The Parent-Child Workshop, a 5-week program for toddlers and parents, which emphasizes the importance of play and the importance of parents as a child’s first teachers.
- Coalition-building with community agencies to develop programs and services that meet local needs.
- Outreach to new and non-traditional library users, especially parents and very young children.
- Developmentally-appropriate programming for very young children and their parents.
- Library staff trained in family support, child development, parent education, and best practices.
Print Collection: 329,605 items
Audio Collection: 33,745 items
Video Collection: 38,191 items
Other Collections: 34,327 items
Total Collection Size: 435,868 items
Final audited details about revenue and expenses are approved by the library's auditors in April. Click below for a detailed report then.