What is Fascial Stretch Therapy?
Fascial Stretch Therapy™ (FST)- is one of the quickest, most effective and pleasant ways to eliminate pain, restore function, and move & feel better in activities of life, fitness, and sports. FST is a pain-free, assisted-stretch modality that utilizes a treatment table and stabilizing straps to increase ROM (Range of Motion), relieve pain and tightness, and increase athletic performance and recovery. FST is performed by a licensed Fascial Stretch Therapist.
Features of Fascial Stretch Therapy (FST)
- Manipulates, lengthens, re-aligns and re-organizes your fascia.
- Increases joint space.
- Eliminates trigger points
- Improves muscle activation & relaxation.
- Improves flexibility on the first session & becomes cumulative with multiple sessions.
- We teach you how to maintain optimal fascial flexibility after we identify & eliminate the problems.
What is Fascia?
- Fascia is the most prevalent tissue in the body yet it is the least understood by your doctor, therapist and trainer.
- The health and function of all joints & muscles are a direct result of the condition of your fascia.
- Healthy circulation in your muscles, joints, arteries, veins, brain & spinal cord is largely dependent on optimal flexibility of your fascia.
- There is NO medication that can improve your fascia.
- There is NO supplement that can optimize your fascia.
- Exercise alone does not optimally balance, align and improve your fascia.
Your fascia reacts to all stress – physical, mental and emotional by tightening & stiffening. Since fascia covers everything from all of your organs to the circulatory system to the brain & nervous system to the musculoskeletal system and more, your whole body is at risk to react to stress by tightening & stiffening. Aging of the body, mind & spirit accelerates as function decreases & quality of life deteriorates when the fascia of the body is left unattended. When your fascia is left unattended to, aging of the body, mind & spirit accelerates, function decreases & quality of life deteriorates”~Ann & Chris Frederick: Creators of FST
Benefits of FST
- Increased Range of Motion.
- Muscular Balance and Symmetry.
- Improved Performance.
- Reduced Pain.
- Reduced Risk of Injury.
- Improved Posture.
- Improved Muscle Function.
- Improved Circulation.
- Decreased Compression and Impingement in the Joints.
- Improved Energy.
- Improved Weight Loss
Effects of untreated fascia:
- Decreased joint space can lead to degenerative joint disease, osteoarthritis & more.
- Increased muscle tone can lead to trigger points, strain, tendonitis, tears & more.
- Increased nervous tissue tone can lead to headaches, trigger points, muscle tightness & more.
- Increased scar tissue formation.
- Decreased blood flow, decreased energy, increased fatigue & more.
We bet you didn’t know...
- 47% of your flexibility is locked up in your joints.
- 42% of your flexibility potential is in your fascia.
- Isolated static muscle stretching doesn’t work.
- Dynamic fascial stretching does work:
- FST reduces tightness in muscles.
- FST reduces stiffness in joints.
- FST improves and enhances sex.
- FST makes you feel and look younger.
- FST makes you stronger.
- FST makes you taller.
- FST can reduce pain.