I believe that we should celebrate the best breakfast food ever the pancake. You may be thinking how are we going to celebrate food? Well here's the answer, we eat it. On national pancake day all pancakes across America are half off, and just like on St. Patrick's day you can get pinched. When you buy the pancakes you get a sticker. The sticker will have two simple words and the date. The words are:
Facts about pancake:
- The earliest known pancakes were made about 12,000 years ago from ground grains and nuts, mixed with water or milk and cook on hot stones.
- Maple syrup which is often used as a topping, was originally a sweet drink which was discovered by the Algonquin Indians.
- Celebrity chef Aldo Zilli in the year 2005 set the world record for the highest pancake toss at 129.528 inches.
- This was later beat of course and this is the result: The highest pancake toss measured 9.47 m (31 ft 1 in) and was achieved by Dominic Cuzzacrea (USA) at Walden Galleria Mall in Cheektowaga, New York, USA, on 13 November 2010. Dominic beat his own previous record by 30 cm (11.8 in). Quoted from Guinness world records.
- National pancake day actually is a real holiday and it is on many different days it just depends on the culture you are with.