Marching Band Calednar
The month of November puts us in hyper-drive as we have two remaining home games and UIL Region Marching Contest this month. Let's make sure we have 100% participation and attendance as we have limited rehearsal for the rest of the season. Please see the ENTIRE rehearsal/performance calendar for the marching band below.
NOTE: all rehearsals will now begin at the track stadium. We will not split Red/Blue on the Rugby Field.
- 11/10: Rehearsal (6:-8:30)
- 11/12: Rehearsal (6-8:30)
- 11/13: Game vs. Denton Guyer (5:30pm call time)
- 11/14: Region 25 UIL (8am call time)
- NO MARCHING REHEARSALS week of 11/16-11/20
- 11/27: Rehearsal & Game vs. Prosper (Senior Day) - 12pm Call Time
- 12/10: Fitness Gram & Rehearsal (4:45pm-6pm) - ALL MARCHING STUDENTS NEED TO BE HERE
- 12/11: Playoff Game #1 (Home)
TMEA All-Region Band Audition Registration & Payment
9th Grade Region Band
- Audition Window: 11/7-11/11
- It is too late to register for 9th grade Region Band Auditions
High School Region Band - LAST CALL
- Phase 1 Audition Window: 11/14-18
- Phase 2 Audition Window: 12/5-9
- Cost: $3
- You can still register until 8am on Monday, Nov 9. You will not be able to audition if you do not register by 8am on Monday.
- Online payment only
- High School All-Region Band Payment/Registration Link Here
- AHS/LFC Students auditioning for the HS Region Band are required to play from all three Region etudes.
Varsity Jazz Band Concert
Tuesday, November 17 @ 6:00pm
Join the Allen High School Varsity Jazz Band as they perform NEXT TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 17th (6pm) at The Park at Fairview Town Center. Bring a blanket or lawn-chair while sipping on some coffee or eating on a patio at one of the nearby restaurants next to the outdoor stage.
Fall Exams & Spring Semester Auditions
FALL EXAMS: All band students will have two parts to their Fall Exam. 50% of their exam grade will be based on their audition submission (see below for details). The other 50% will be based on each individual band class's activity on their exam day (Spring 2021 music reading, Sight-Reading, etc). Click HERE for the AHS/LFC/STEAM Exam Schedule.
AUDITIONS: All In-Person & At-Home students will submit an audition on Flipgrid for Spring Semester Band auditions. Q3 At-Home students will submit their audition for their appropriate Virtual Instrumental (Band) Music Class while Q3 In-Person students will submit their audition for their appropriate band ensemble. The audition will consist of both 9th Grade All-Region Band Audition Cuts.
GRADING/AUDITION RUBRIC: We will have two separate rubrics when directors assess auditions. The exam rubric will grade students based on TEKS mastery. The audition rubric will place students in proper in-person and virtual classes based on comprehensive performance elements beyond TEKS mastery. Rubrics will be released on 11/16.
Playoff Football Info
The Allen Escadrille will support our team and community as we go into the playoff season. The first playoff game (usually at home) will be required for the entire marching band.
Games 2-6 will not be required, however all marching band students can participate with the following conditions:
- All marching band students will be required to fill out a playoff game interest form (online) that will be sent out in the next few weeks. It will be due (from everyone) by December 1st for planning purposes (transportation, meals, stadium seating, etc).
- All students that sign-up for a game (games 2-6) will be required to ride the provided transportation to the playoff game site (school bus or charter bus). Students may be picked up by their parents after the game (with the proper Alternative Transportation Form).
- Meals will be provided for all playoffs games.
- Game 3 can be scheduled on December 24 or 26.
- Game 4 can be scheduled Dec 31-Jan 2.
Here is the 6A UIL playoff calendar (with possible game dates provided):
- Week 1: Dec 10-12 (usually a home game - will be required)
- Week 2: Dec 17-19
- Week 3: Dec 24 or 26
- Week 4: Dec 31-Jan 2
- Week 5: Jan 7-9
- Week 6: Week of Jan 11-15
- Nov 10 (6-8:30p): Marching Rehearsal: all on the track
- Nov 12 (6-8:30p): Marching Rehearsal - all on the track
- Nov 13: ALLEN FOOTBALL vs. Denton Guyer
- Nov 14: Region 25 UIL Marching Contest (8am Call Time)
- No events Nov. 16-20
- Directors may call before/after school rehearsals for Dec concerts beginning this week.
- Nov 27: Rehearsal/Football Game vs. Proser (Senior Day) - 12pm Call Time
Created with images by Travis Chiles "No Escape From Reality", Wesley Tingey - "untitled image" • Trent Erwin - "Hard at work" • Lauren Mancke - "Taking notes at coffee time" • Mat Reding - "untitled image" • Gabriel Benois - "Home School, quarantine :(" • Ron - "untitled image". Photo Credits: Calvin Ku