Payroll Services Dollars & Sense
Payroll Services is currently preparing and reconciling W-2’s for distribution. In addition to mailing them as we have done in the past, your 2017 W-2 will be available electronically within the Employee Tab in MyMadison. Please note the Employee Social Security Number box on the electronic W-2 will be blank. If you mail your tax return or have someone prepare your tax return on your behalf, you will have to use the W-2 you receive in the mail. 2017 W-2’s will be available and mailed no later than January 31st.
Additionally, on December 22, President Trump signed H.R.1, also known as the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, into law. Because this tax legislation was passed so late in 2017, the IRS will not issue withholding guidance for 2018 until later this month. That being said, additional communication(s) will be forthcoming as information is provided, as this new law will affect everyone’s paycheck.
Duo Voluntary Enrollment Ends January 17
Employees, Affiliates, Emeriti -
Time is running out if you have not already enrolled in JMU’s new Duo two-factor authentication service. Wednesday, January 17, voluntary enrollment ends and your next login to MyMadison will require you to complete Duo enrollment before you can proceed. This means that if you are busy trying to enter or approve leave, update your personal information, access your class roster, check your pay, change your password or do any of the many other things you normally do using MyMadison, you will be unable to do so until you complete Duo enrollment.
To avoid the frustration of an untimely interruption, please take a few minutes before tomorrow to enroll in Duo:
- Go to http://www.jmu.edu/computing and click on the Duo icon.
- Use information on the web page to decide which device option(s) to use (smartphone, basic cell phone, tablet or token).
- If you plan to use Duo with a smartphone or tablet, download the Duo Mobile app from the appropriate Apple (AppStore) or Android (GooglePlay) site. Then log in to MyMadison as you normally do. Follow the step-by-step instructions in the Enrollment Guide to enroll your phone or tablet with Duo.
- To use a basic cell phone with Duo, you will be limited to only using passcodes delivered via text message. Follow the step-by-step instructions in the Enrollment Guide to enroll a basic cell phone.
- If you decide to use a token, one JMU-owned token will be provided to you. Just take your JACard or other government-issued photo ID to the IT Help Desk on the fourth floor of the Student Success Center to pick up the token and have it enrolled.
- Once you have a device enrolled, practice using it for your MyMadison and JMU SSL VPN logins. Specific login steps and other details are available in the Duo User Guide.
- For assistance, contact the IT Help Desk at 540-568-3555, or email email@example.com.
JMU Talent Development
- Managing Generations in the Workplace (TD1971)
- Successful Communication Via Devices (TD2152)
- HR Document Retention (TD2273)
- Benefits Basic Training (TD2274)
- Grants: Post-Award Practices & Procedures (TD1502)
- Student Employment Essentials (TD1460)
- Retirement 101: Understanding Your VRS Retirement (TD1212)
- Congratulations! You’re a Supervisor, Now What? (TD1396)
- SUCCESs: Making Ideas Stick (TD2233)
- Making Your Metabolism Work for You, CommonHealth (TD2261)
Visit Talent Development’s webpage for a listing of all they have to offer!