Share comments by phone before the meeting.
Regular City Commission Meetings - 1st & 3rd Thursdays of the month: To make a General Public Comment - on topics not on the meeting agenda - dial 352-334-5003 to leave a voice message, The line opens on 8:00am on Friday and closes at Noon on Wednesday before the meeting. 30 minutes of recorded messages (up to 3 minutes each) will be played at the start of the meeting. General public comment will also be taken live in-person or by phone if time permits.
Call the City Clerk's Office: Dial (352) 334-5015 to share your comments with the Clerk or to schedule an appointment with a Commissioner.
Share comments live by phone during the meeting.
Visit the weekly Public Meeting calendar to find the dial-in number to call and give public comment live during the meeting.
- State your name clearly for the record.
- To avoid feedback, turn off the sound on your computer or device if you are watching the meeting online.
- Each speaker will have three minutes to comment.
- For tips on planning your public comment, click on the button below.
Send an eComment on an agenda item.
Submit an "eComment" for the record on meeting agenda items. The eComment feature will open on the City's website the Friday before each City Commission meeting.
- On the City of Gainesville's website, go to the "Agenda & Minutes" page (link at the top of the home page).
- Find the upcoming meeting on the list.
- Click the “eComment” link.
- Find the agenda topic you want to comment on.
- Click the Comment button.
- Write your comment and click the Submit button.