Kanabo Stays presents .....
Brackenhills Private Nature Reserve
Brackenhills Private Nature Reserve Heidelberg - Western Cape, SA
- Name of Facility: Brackenhills Private Nature Reserve
- Region: Western Cape / South Africa
- Town (nearest): Heidelberg or Swellendam
- Category: Farm Stay
- Description: Located in the majestic Langeberg mountains between Swellendam and Heidelberg on the Garden Route of South Africa, and only 3 hours drive from Cape Town, lies the hidden treasure of BRACKENHILLS Private Nature Reserve. The untouched natural forests and indigenous vegetation borders one of Africa’s most precious nature parks and World Heritage site, the Grootvaderbosch Nature Reserve. There is an abundance of wildlife including the Cape Leopard, African Buffalo, Lynx, Bushbuck, Wild Boar, Greysbok, Klipspringer, Porcupine and over 200 species of birds including the Verraux Eagle, Crowned Eagle and Martial Eagle and many species of butterflies such as the rare “Forest King” and the “Blue Banded Swallowtail”. The forests also boast an abundance of natural wild mushroom varieties. The main purpose of BRACKENHILLS is the conservation of wildlife and indigenous forests. BRACKENHILLS is actively trying to reintroduce and protect the natural wildlife that once abundantly roamed Southern Africa, and in particular the Cape Leopard, Cape Buffalo, Bontebok and the Mountain Zebra. Of particular excitement is the new BRACKENHILLS Leopard Program, where we are monitoring the indigenous forrest Leopards in order to encourage their survival in the area.
- Accommodation: All hidden in the indigenous forest on the reserve Brackenhills offers 4 types of accommodation.
- Mountain View Tent: Tucked in indigenous forest looking out on to the majestic Langeberg mountains, Exceptional ambience and tranquility with breathtaking views. Luxury queen sized bed and furnishings with a relaxing outdoor experience bathroom adjacent to the tent. Attached is a coffee/tea station under cover between the tent and the forest. The tent is close to the covered dining and open air barbecue areas