Louise, Helen and Sarah T
Integrated Early Years Technologies
Integrate both strands of the Technologies curriculum within the one teaching block
STEM focused where possible
If we don’t also teach Science to that class we still integrate that year levels Science focus into our lessons
Discovering circles, using fine motor skills and free creativity with play dough
Finding different shapes in the playground, using speaking and listening and iPads to take photos of each other (chicken wings in)
Shape Monsters, focusing on one shape and incorporating over shapes learnt over the term. Students allowed freedom of creation.
Jeremy, Alpar aNd NiCole
Integrated Health and PE/Science.
- Science - We have been covering earths resources, water, soil etc. Looking for links to explore other Curric area.Discussing the four seasons and what this means for our environment and how it might affect us. Discuss types of clothing that we might wear in each particular season. Linked to Health Curriculum.
- English - The focus at this point has been on Bullying and healthy Vs unhealthy food. Alpar's program focuses on elements of literacy through the use of 7 Steps and sizzling starts. Using poems in sporting activities.
- Technologies - Kahoot used to check understanding. Runners club using QR codes to check and record laps of students.
Maths - Measurement in vertical jumps, long jump, sit and reach test.
Using the Geography outcomes as inspiration along with some history outcomes and the knowledge that Harmony Day would be celebrated during Term 1, I created a program that would allow the students to travel to some of the countries from which many of Bertram’s students are from.
Technologies - Integrated
Integrated Design Tech
- Incidental Maths: Measuring using fractions, ability to add and subtract. How to weigh items and the difference between ml and grams.
- HASS - Learning about what crops can grow in certain areas and why this happens. Exploring other countries culture and foods consumed there.
- English - Ability to write and follow procedures. Photos on cupboards and names underneath for identification and familiarity with items. Working through the process together. Recount what we have done in class.