Firstly, we have a number of new recruits and are in the process of testing and working with a number of new applicants from here in Tasmania and even a couple from the mainland. The local media exposure we have received in the last few months has been amazing and is helping us grow from strength to strength... if the last few months have been an indicator of how 2017 will be then is going to be a whirlwind!! So it would be a nightmare to get together with every one sorry 😬
Secondly, I need a break!! This year has been a crazy ride both within and without of Misha's Mates (don't forget I'm a veteran with my own stuff going on), So with that in mind I'm taking a few days off and going to find some sunshine outside of Tasmania. This will let me get my head around some of the exciting projects we have coming up in 2017...
The first of which will be a weekend trek to Tasmania's Lady Lake in Mid February for 10 of our mates. (Sorry if you're one of the people I told early January however I have to go away for my day job 😬).
A few things you need to know if you would like be considered for the trip:
- You need to have a reasonable level of fitness and mobility: There will be moderate climbs and some boulder fields to access & return from the central plateau,
- You will need to carry some equipment: We will be camping in pairs so you and your partner will share a tent & cooking facilities (think marching order with 2-3 letters of water),
- You will need to bring food: We will supply cooking facilities and show you how to prepare your meals should you need a hand. We will also supply a list of recipes to help you decide what to bring for each day,
- You'll need a few supplies: We will supply all of your major camping supplies (think tent, pack, sleeping/cooking gear, poles and jackets etc.) you'll need comfortable loose fitting clothes, socks, a good attitude etc... we'll send a list 😏,
- You'll need a sweet ride: Or any ride really, we'll be leaving from the Launceston PCYC on a Friday afternoon and you can meet us there or at the start of the walk,
- You'll need to share: Our tents sleep two and we will be sharing cooking facilities so if you aren't bringing a friend let us know so we can see if there is someone you can share with,
- You'll need to participate: This is a chance to get away and spend some time focusing on yourself however we will do a few short group activities such as short mindfulness exercises... This is Adventure Therapy after all!
- You'll need to like dogs! I'm sure if you are on this list you already do however I need let you know that Misha will be tagging along and she may not be the only one 🐶
By running our camps in this format we can give you a great taste of the Tasmanian wilderness at fraction of the cost of a commercially guided trip. So if this sounds like an experience you would be interested in please contact us ASAP as this trip is already close to being filled!