What current issue is the most pressing or the most important to tell the world? How could you ‘solve’ this issue to create a more sustainable world?
- To select a world issue that you believe to be the most pressing or important
- To research, using credible sources and evaluate the data
- To describe and explain the issue
- To connect with people - experts - make partnerships that are authentic
- To share your knowledge of the issue with others in a wider audience
- To create a solution - working towards a sustainable world
What I want you to do
- To answer the essential question: Issue you care about + solution or sustainable solution
- To make partnerships to learn from others, possibly experts in the field and to share with a wider community than just me
- To have freedom to DO what you want with the topic and product, so that you can create and execute a project that has meaning to you
- To improve your critical thinking skills: making connections and identifying patterns (4U) or experimenting, reflecting & taking action in real world (4C)* see below
Is there anything you would add to or change to make this project better for YOU? Chat about ideas with a small group, and then we will discuss together.
* For CGW4U -- From: I can connect what I am learning with what I know, and can make some connections across key learning areas, → To: I am able to make connections across subject areas, and understand looking at different points of view is an important part of learning. I see that the world is full of conflicting information and I am skilled at making cross-curricular connections.
*For CGW4C --From: I am beginning to learn how to experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for a particular task. → To: I can think about the impact of my ideas, and use what I have learned in one task to solve a new or different task and apply to the larger world, I can use feedback to help my task + begin to understand mistakes are part of the learning process.