Some tips for becoming a successful engineer.
Have you ever wondered what it takes to be a good engineer ? To create or make a design is not all about having a lots of knowledge about a particular subject or to carry out big and expensive experiments. To make a design of a certain project ; you just need to imagine it in your brain. For example; if you are thinking of designing a building ; follow these steps:
1. Create a imaginative picture in your mind of building and its surroundings.
2. Now, you want to make sure that this building doesn't collapse or be invulnerable to natural forces being exerted over it. So devise ideas to make it able to withstand forces successfully.
3. To test your building against seismic disturbances you need no real earthquake but you may rather shake your mind to create one. Similarly, for lateral pressures or high wind pressures you can blow the wind in your mind or generate waves for testing it against tsunamis.
4. In general, from the initial layout of the building to the application of your thought/devised ideas to it and from testing it against all natural forces to finalizing the design; all work can be done in your mind.
5. Calculations are necessary but as when you are thinking it's not mandatory.
6. So the bottom line is that whether you are not a mathematics master or not having a lots of information about a particular subject; that doesn't mean that you can not think , devise , innovate , invent or bring yourself closer to that subject.
7. Think now in the field of your interest ! Or think while you are studying at your school or college. Let both thinking and curriculum activities go together hand in hand and don't leave anyone during your career or throughout your life.