A countdown of the top 10 Social events
10. Celebrities and their impact
- Most important figure in the history of the cinema
- English comic, filmmaker
- slapstick and pathos with a political and autobiographical edge
- actress in Hollywood
- Biggest fashion icon of the century (beads, jewels, hair, peacock & ostrich feathers)
- "Most Famous Woman in the World"
- Radiated talent & confidence for all of the women
- refused to perform for segregated audiences
9. Sensationalism, Advertisements, and Gangsters
- Media was growing and radios were now in everyone's home.
- "Penny Press" - one penny for one paper. News was accessible to everyone.
- New revolved around photography.
- Markets grew and so did advertisements to persuade buyers to shop at a specific store.
- Newspapers and journals made stories more exciting at the expense of accuracy.
- Gang killings were calculated business practices.
- Gangsters controlled: liquor, gambling, and prostitution. They made silk suits, diamond rings, booze and broads popular.
- This is number 9 because it just indicates the growing markets and the way news got around. It also indicates the impacts gangsters had which ultimately lead to bigger conflicts.