- Not dominated by a specific religion which gave way to religious freedom for Quakers, Catholics, Lutherans, Jews and others.
- New York Colony was founded as New Sweden, in 1626, by Peter Minuit and was later renamed New Netherlands.
- Since New York became a colony they have been known for their strong religious tolerance.
- Religion in the Colonies was extremely diverse and many religious groups.
Geography & Weather
- The Middle Colonies had a mild climate with warm summers and mild winters.
- They have mountains in the northeast, lowlands from Lake Ontario along the Canadian border.
- New York is located along the Atlantic Ocean. New York has some mountains, some hills, and some plains.
- There was war with the Indians over land because the Indians wanted land to grow crops and mostly, the English were growing crops there like potatoes, tobacco, and corn.