- Decided to do the project "Video Game Design"
- Decided to make a spin-off of the game "Asteroids"
- Decided on video game design
- Wanted to make a game with a spaceship that was controlled by the player
- Wanted to make something simple, yet very fun
Eventually, I decided to make a spin-off of the game asteroids, because it would be a great way for me to experiment with the physics of a spaceship while making a fun game for others to enjoy. I also decided to use Khan Academy to make my game, because it can be accessed by any computer with an internet connection
After deciding on what my game would be here's what I did:
- Experimented with spaceship physics
- Made a spaceship that flew around the canvas
- Made asteroids that would spawn in at different times
- Made the spaceship shoot bullets that would destroy the asteroids
- Made the asteroids split into smaller asteroids when broken
- Made the asteroids break when hit by the ship
- Made the ship lose health when hit by an asteroid
- Added the "Shield Boxes"
Throughout this unit, I learned a LOT while making this game
- Learned a lot about spaceship physics (Like drifting, slowly decelerating, and wrapping around the screen)
- Learned a lot about arrays and adding objects to arrays
- Learned different ways to make things spawn in
- Learned about how the spaceship uses math to calculate where to go on the screen
Overall, I learned a lot during this project. I really enjoyed putting this project together, and I am already using the knowledge that I learned to help with new projects.