At DSC, we know a thing or two about how to help our students stay on track. Our OnTime Finish plans give you a clear path to get the right classes and graduate on time with your associate of arts university transfer degree.
You decide whether you want to complete your degree in two years or three, depending on your life circumstances, and we’ll help you make sure it happens.
DSC-UCF Writing Center
When you visit the DSC-UCF Writing Center, you’ll get highly individualized assistance with your writing on any subject and at any stage in the writing process. Whether it’s for a course, personal project, resume, or scholarship essay, we’ll help you develop your strengths as a writer. This free service is offered to all Daytona State and UCF Daytona Beach Campus students.
Library - Learning Commons
The Daytona Beach and DeLand Campus libraries provide a wide range of resources and services, including print and non-print collections, access to extensive electronic databases, and professional reference and research assistance. Our library networks with other state and national libraries to obtain the information you need when you need it, 24/7. A Computing Commons on each of DSC’s five campuses provides access to academic software, word processing and spreadsheet applications, and the Internet.
Student Disability Services
Student Disability Services (SDS) provides students with disabilities equal access and equal opportunity to Daytona State classes, educational programs and activities. SDS advisors work with students individually to determine the appropriate accommodations and support services each student is eligible to receive. Contact SDS prior to enrollment to arrange for any accommodations.
Center for Women and Men
The Center for Women and Men provides self-esteem building seminars, networking opportunities, group and individual counseling, job-readiness activities and family involvement and support services. Through various programs, qualified students may be eligible to receive financial assistance with tuition, books, uniforms and child care. Here, you also will find assistance such as emergency bus passes, a clothes closet to help you look your best on job interviews, our new Grab and Go Food Pantry, a lending library and Fresh Start classes. The Center is an excellent resource for women and men to gain marketable skills and attain economic self-sufficiency through high-wage vocational training. Single parents, displaced homemakers and non-traditional students are encouraged to apply.
“Daytona State is about changing your life. It’s about being more than you were before. Lots of students face difficulty at one time or another during college. DSC can get you through.”
Falcon Athletics past-year highlights
- Women’s golf earned their ninth NJCAA Division I National Championship.
- Men’s soccer won the NJCAA Division I Southeast District Championship and finished runner-up in the championship game during their inaugural season.
- Men’s basketball took home their fourth-straight Mid-Florida Conference Championship and advanced to the semi-finals of the FCSAA state tournament.
- Women’s golf had the highest team GPA in the nation with a 3.89, earning their fourth consecutive NJCAA Female Academic Team of the Year award.
- Men’s baseball took home their 11th consecutive NJCAA Men’s Academic Team of the Year title with a 3.70 team GPA.
- Women’s soccer (3.32 GPA), women’s softball (3.38 GPA) and women’s volleyball (3.61 GPA) also earned honorable mentions in academic team of the year awards.
- Women’s soccer head coach Brittany Jones and keeper Kristian Shores won the Mid-Florida Conference Coach and Keeper of the Year awards.
- Six DSC teams were ranked in the nation’s top 20 during the 2016-17 season.
- Seven Falcon squads advanced to postseason play in the 2016-17 season.
- 11 student-athletes finished the year with First Team Mid-Florida Conference honors.
- 48 Falcon student-athletes earned NJCAA Academic All-American honors including 12 rst-team awards for a perfect 4.0 GPA.
- Women’s golf and men’s baseball also took home the FCSAA and Mid-Florida Conference Female and Male Academic Team of the Year Awards, respectively.
COMING FALL 2018: MEN’S AND WOMEN’S CROSS COUNTRY