From whenever I was 10 I have always thought of making peoples homes just like they wanted and so that it matches their personality
an interior designer is in the job family of decoration and art, interior designers work full time, sometimes in weekends if necessary.
The top 10 percent of workers made more than $86,430 a year, while the bottom 10 percent earned less than $25,720.
entry requirements are usually one A-level/ two H grades in art and design subjects. Or a BTEC national diploma/certificate in a relevant subject, or equivalent. A BTEC National diploma in interior design is available. Entry requirements are usually four GCSEs/S grades (A-C/1-3), or the equivalent.
why would I want to be an interior designer?
I would like to be an interior designer because I like to match peoples personality to things or spaces ( rooms or houses), I love to decorate my room to match it to my personality so I feel like myself when I am in my room, therefore I would love to make people feel at home with certain furniture and certain colour of paint.
But what do Interior designers do?
Interior designers make interior spaces functional, safe, and beautiful by determining space requirements and selecting decorative items, such as colors, lighting, and materials. They read blueprints and must be aware of building codes and inspection regulations, as well as universal accessibility standards.
What are the duties of an interior designer?
- Search for and bid on new projects
- Determine the client’s goals and requirements for the project
- Consider how the space will be used and how people will move through the space
- Sketch preliminary design plans, including electrical and partition layouts
- Specify materials and furnishings, such as lighting, furniture, wall finishes, flooring, and plumbing fixtures
- Create a timeline for the interior design project and estimate project costs
- Place orders for materials and oversee the installation of the design elements
- Conduct the construction administration of the project and coordinate with general building contractors to implement the plans and specifications to build the project
- Visit the site after the project is complete, to ensure that the client is satisfied
Interior designers work closely with architects, structural engineers, mechanical engineers, and builders to determine how interior spaces will function, look, and be furnished.
i would also be really interested in making my own paint shades and using those for projects.