1. Most businessses were conductated through barter or trade.
2. A few Texans ran sawmills, which cut wood into pieces.
3. By the 1830s Texas was producing about $500,000 worth of exports.
4. Texas required many imports.
5. Texas business and trade increased during the Mexican period.
6. Some trade was carried out by ships through ports on the Gulf of Mexico.
7. The oldest settlement in Texas, San Antonio was the largest at the begging of the Mexican period.
8. During the Mexican period, the population of San Antonio did not grow much.
9. William Goyens of Nacogdoches became wealthy by running a blacksmith shop.
10. Texas imports included manufactured no luxury products.