Last Week at Bethel
Sacrificial and Generous Living and Giving
Last week we had all kinds of servants coming and going. From small group leaders, to piano players, decorators, and council members we are blessed to have church full of people eager to serve and be involved.
Last Sunday a couple of Sunday School students even shoveled our front steps and led us in our advent preparation.
It is such a blessing to labor together towards the goal!
Our confirmation class met last Sunday night and talked about what it means for us to affirm the whole mission of the Church. We talked about everything the church does to be a part of God’s mission on earth, from helping the hurting to spreading the good news. We even spend some time dreaming about what kind of churches we would start if we had the chance.
Fusion is still going strong every Wednesday night. We are so blessed to have people from Bethel preparing and serving meals for our students and to have so many students gathering each week to grow closer to Christ.
Christmas Hymn Sing – Tonight @5:30pm
Join us tonight at our sister church Zion Covenant for another hymn sing. Join us and bring a dessert.
Candlelight Christmas Eve Service – Dec. 24th at 4pm
Join us Saturday night and invite your friends for a simple service of carols and scripture reading as we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.
Christmas Morning Worship – Dec. 25th at 10am
Join us and bring your friends and family Christmas morning for a special celebration and service of worship.
Pastor’s Report for November
Once a month our council gathers to pray together and discuss the business of the church. As a part of that meeting I give a report on what I have been up to and the things that have been happening at church during the last month. It is as follows.
Pastor’s Report – 12/8/2016
“ The manna stopped the day after they ate this food from the land; there was no longer any manna for the Israelites, but that year they ate the produce of Cannan” Joshua 5:12
- Fusion is going strong. Though we have hit a setback when it comes to the youth pastor position. The last candidate has withdrawn from the process. So, as it stands the search committee will reform in January, to begin looking for someone to start next fall. This is sad news but God is good and we know that he turns set-backs into triumphs.
- We finished our Community Bible Experience! By most reports it has been an extremely valuable time for our church. God continues to work in and among us.
- The results of PULSE have come back and to give us time to thoughtfully look at and discuss the results we are going to meet in the latter half of January to review the report and prepare to share it with the congregation.
- I visited 27 people in homes and care centers last month. It has been an overwhelming month for visits.
God has been busy here this last month. Let’s remember to celebrate just how far we have come as a church in these last few years.
We have lots going on this December, as always. With the night of Song, Christmas Eve, and Christmas day, this season is a great time to invite people to church and a time where we need to work extra hard to make connections with people who might come through our doors this month.
Let's pray that God gives us lots of opportunities to reach out to our friends, neighbors, and those who darken our doors this season of Advent. May they see hope
Respectfully Submitted, Pastor Todd
Pray for Bethel
- Remember to pray for those who are mourning during this season. For many people the holidays can be a tough time and a reminder of loss.
- Pray that God will speak through the results of PULSE.
- Finally pray for me, your Pastor.