What are the film requirements?
The Festival de Eanes would like to challenge students in K-12 to produce either a narrative or animation/stop-motion film. The theme for this year is SEL (Social Emotional Learning: empathy, compassion, kindness, etc.). Along with the theme, we will be requiring three items to be in your short film.
- The film must include the following prop: Fish
- The film must also include the following camera angles/shots: POV (point of view) and Extreme Closeup
- The line of dialogue that must be included in the film is: “Jeepers, how did you do that”
Students are encouraged to think of creative ways to incorporate the prop, shots, and dialogue into their films.
What are the rules?
If you are a K-12 student interested in entering a film into our film festival, see the full contest rules below.
How are the films judged?
Round 1: Campus Film Festival
The first round of competition is campus based, separated to three age levels: elementary, middle, and high school. Judges will choose the top video from each of the two categories: narrative or animation/stop-motion. Those 2 films will move on to the district contest.
Round 2: District Film Festival
The district contest will showcase all of the winning campus films. There could potentially be 18 films displayed during the district film festival, but only 6 will be receiving the award for best narrative or animation by age level.
Judges will critique and score the films based on the following rubric:
What are the prizes?
All eighteen finalists will receive a special screening of their film at Westlake High School PAC.
- Grand Prize (1) - TBA
- 1st Place in category (6) - TBA
- December 7, 2017: Festival de Eanes Contest begins
- March 23, 2018: Deadline for Film Festival entries
- April 20, 2018: Eighteen district qualifiers are announced
- TBD: Screening of 18 qualifiers @ PAC
Ready to submit?
Last year we saw amazing films and very creative ways student implemented the theme “Learning on the go”, the line "gotta catch em all", and a historical monument. To check out all the qualifying films, visit the link below.
Grand Prize Winner: