What are the film requirements?
The Festival de Eanes would like to challenge students in K-12 to produce either a narrative or animation/stop-motion film. The theme for this year is SEL (Social Emotional Learning: empathy, compassion, kindness, etc.). Along with the theme, we will be requiring three items to be in your short film.
- The film must include the following prop: Red Sweater
- The film must also include the following camera angles/shots: Slow Motion
- The line of dialogue that must be included in the film is: “Welcome to the Neighborhood”
Students are encouraged to think of creative ways to incorporate the prop, shots, and dialogue into their films.
What are the rules?
If you are a K-12 student interested in entering a film into our film festival, see the full contest rules below.
How are the films judged?
Round 1: Campus Film Festival
The first round of competition will be primarily campus based. Each elementary campus will select the top 2 films (one from each category) to move on to the district contest (12 films total). The top 3 films from all the secondary campuses combined will also move on (6 films total). In the case of low number of films in a particular category, entries may be merged across campuses.
Round 2: District Film Festival
The district contest will showcase all of the winning campus films. There could potentially be *18 films displayed during the district film festival, but only *4 will be receiving the award for best narrative or animation by age level. The winners will be determined by a live audience vote during the film festival.
*may be altered if there are a low number of films entered in a particular category.
Judges will critique and score the films based on the following rubric:
What are the prizes?
All finalists will receive a special screening of their film at the Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar.
- Grand Prize (1) - TBA
- 1st Place in category (3) - Gift cards
- December 7, 2018: Festival de Eanes Contest begins
- March 31, 2019: Deadline for Film Festival entries
- April 23, 2019: district qualifiers are announced
- May 2019: Screening of qualifiers @ Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar
Ready to submit?
We have seen some amazing and creative films over the years. Click on the links below to view previous finalists.
Previous Grand Prize Winner: