Welcome to the 2019 mEducation Alliance Symposium. The annual Symposium brings together 300 of the leading minds and practitioners in the field of information and communications technology for education (ICT4E) to share information, deepen connections, and form new partnerships. The event is designed to dynamically increase practitioner and policymaker access to relevant information concerning the appropriate and scalable use of low-cost technologies to improve learning outcomes, principally in low-resource environments and developing countries.
The 2019 mEducation Alliance Symposium focused on the theme Digital Literacy and Skills for Education and Development. Accompanied by the 9 sub-themes below, this page was designed as a resource for presentations and other information from this years Symposium.
- Bootstrapping Digital Literacy: Where There is No Computer
- Digital Literacy for Youth Entrepreneurship and Employment
- Equity, Inclusion, and Digital Literacy (e.g., young women and learners with disabilities)
- Using Digital Literacy to Advance 21-st Century Foundational Skills of Reading, Writing, and Social-Emotional Learning (SEL)
- Get S.T.E.M ed! – Using ICTs to Deliver Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math Instruction in Low-Resource Settings
- Digital Youth Leaders for Development – Engaging Youth through Digital Literacy for Supporting Community Sector Development (e.g., education, health, agriculture)
- Competencies for and Measuring Digital Literacy in Low-Resource Settings for Teachers and Learners
- Funding Digital Literacy in Challenging Environments
- Using AI and Machine Learning in Low-Resource Contexts to Track Digital Skills Attainment