We've Got History
- 2 online teachers at each high school
- 2 courses offered through a vendor
- less than 10 students per high school
- 16 online teachers
- 70+ courses designed by Hilliard teachers
- 2,000+ students served each year
A Work in Progress
- No course is ever "finished"
- Teachers are always improving courses
- New web tools, instructional practices and assessment strategies are embedded
- Formal PD twice each month
- Informal PD and collaboration daily
- Learning about best practices from inside outside of the district
Quality Matters... in more than One way
- Quality Matters (QM) is heavily embedded throughout the online program.
- Every course has been or will be reviewed using a QM-inspired, district-approved rubric.
- All online teachers complete a 5-week QM online professional development course.
Teachers are Different in Hilliard
- Teachers know their students personally.
- Parent nights & late hours are offered.
- Welcome videos & presentations are shared.
- Communication is key.
Courses are Different in hilliard.
- Engaging coursework
- Voice and choice
- High quality instructional materials
- Hands-on activities
- Relevant assessments
The proof is in the numbers.
- 2011-2012: 498
- 2012-2013: 879
- 2013-2014: 1,779
- 2014-2015: 1,693
- 2015-2016: 2,160
- 2016-2017: 1,976 (as of 2/25/17)
- 2011-2012: 82%
- 2012-2013: 84%
- 2013-2014: 89%
- 2014-2015: 94%
- 2015-2016: 92%
- 2016-2017: 95.4% (as of 2/25/17)
We're Always Improving.
Meeting the Needs of All Students
A Task Force will create a checklist that can be added to our current Online Course Rubric. Teachers will be able to "audit" their courses to determine accessibility for IEP/504 students, and make improvements when needed.
Meeting New Legal & Ethical Standards
Teachers are going back through their courses to make sure that everything aligns with Fair Use laws. As a result, courses are becoming richer and more interactive with the inclusion of Creative Commons tools and resources.
We are all a team.
As a team, we are so appreciative of the time, communication and support from:
- building counselors
- support staff
- central office