- Concept of Built to Last considered as a Good to Great sequel
- Built to Last concept: Sustain great results when building an enduring, legendary great company.
- Application of Good to Great can usher sustained great results
- Leadership can contribute to an enduring great company with Built to Last concept.
- Describes the purpose and core values that embed an organization's reason for existing beyond generating a profit
- Instill core values and core purpose as principles to guide decisions and inspire people throughout the organization over a long period of time
- E.g. Leaders hiring individuals based on their alignment with the core values versus their specific skills and knowledge
Preserve the Core
- Describes how the central ideology of an organization stays steady when stimulating change, improvement, innovation and renewal in everything else