We're here to help
The team are keen to work with businesses from across the two districts. We sit within the Planning and Economic Development service area and along with our partner organisations can offer a range of assistance including:
- Engaging with and creating town centre trading groups.
- Working to ensure your business has adequate broadband and connectivity.
- Providing your business with opportunities to shape local policy.
- Developing skills and employability.
- Working to mitigate impacts from large infrastructure projects.
- Signposting to appropriate external funding.
Achievements in 2018
Here are just some of our achievements so far:
- Held our first Annual Business Event with over 70 businesses in attendance.
- Built relationships with a large variety of local businesses.
- Co-ordinated previous economic development activity and business engagement across the two councils to the new team.
- Worked in partnership with various organisations including other Bucks authorities, the Local Enterprise Partnership (BTVLEP) and Buckinghamshire Business First.
- Ensured the needs of Chiltern and South Bucks businesses are met in relation to the rest of Bucks and the wider area, by being involved with, and consulting on various strategy consultations and infrastructure developments that may have an economic impact on our districts.
We had a fantastic Annual Business Event in November with 96% stating they would attend a similar event again. Building on this we are planning a series of events for 2019 to ensure we cover all geographies, sectors and business sizes. We will release more details and dates when they are confirmed. Follow our twitter below for the latest updates.
Buckinghamshire Business Festival 4th - 15th March
Buckinghamshire Business First has organised a jam-packed two weeks of events to help your business and highlight the amazing businesses we have across the county. There are a vast array of events so take a look at bbf.uk.com for more information and to sign up.
Funds for you
- Buckinghamshire Business First (BBF) - In addition to the excellent support and advice provided, BBF also have grants and funding available, or can provide information of external funding opportunities for your business. Take a look at the website or contact email@example.com for more information.
- Innovate UK - Have an innovative idea for your business? You may be able to get some funding from the government's Innovate UK programme. Take a look at the website for more information and advice.
Funds for us
- Future High Streets Fund - On 26th December 2018 the Government opened the Future High Streets Fund for local authorities to submit an expression of interest by the 22nd March. There is £675 million to be shared around the country across various town centre areas that are facing significant challenges.
- HS2 Business and Local Economy Fund - Non-profit organisations such as local authorities can potentially bid for up to £1 million to mitigate economic impacts from HS2 within 5km of the line.
We continue to build our relationships with partner organisations across Bucks. Click the links below to find out more information on upcoming events and how they might be able to benefit your business:
Buckinghamshire Business First - For anything you might need to grow your business from funding and advice to networking opportunities, as well as up to date intelligence on the Bucks economy.
Bucks Skills Hub - Find out more information about skills, apprenticeships and employability here, as well as how your business can get involved in developing skills for the next generation.
Buckinghamshire Local Enterprise Partnership (BTVLEP) - Take a look at what the Local Enterprise Partnership are doing to develop our local economy, information about the Local Growth Fund and the latest economic intelligence and strategies across Bucks.
Other Council News
- Chiltern and South Bucks Joint Local Plan - Publication of the plan for consultation prior to submission is anticipated for Spring/Summer 2019. An updated Local Plan timetable is currently being formalised.
- Chiltern District Council Youth Awards 2019 - Nominations are now open until 5pm on Friday 1st February for young people that make a difference in the community. Nomination forms can be found here.
- The Chiltern Lifestyle Centre - The new facility is a step closer as the planning application has been submitted. View the documents here using the reference PL/18/4593/RC.
- New staff emails - From 21st January all Chiltern and South Bucks staff emails will be in the format firstname.lastname@example.org. Councillor emails remain the same and emails sent to the previous addresses will currently be forwarded to the new format.
Created with images by rawpixel - "untitled image" • rawpixel - "untitled image" • nattanan23 - "money profit finance" • mohamed_hassan - "paper business finance" • Mr Cup / Fabien Barral - "A stack of old newspapers"