Students trained in Practical Arts Based Therapy can apply their skills for working with Children with special needs (Autism Spectrum Disorder, Cerebral Palsy, ADHD, Asperger’s, etc.) Children at Risk (Street children, Orphanages, Shelter homes, etc.) Adults with mental health concerns, (addiction, schizophrenia, depression, personality disorders, trauma, etc.)
Practical Life Skills is a Neuro-Psychiatry Research and Wellness center that empowers people with addiction and mental health concerns towards complete recovery. It’s a government approved mental health facility. (License No. 169/2015)
Our holistic programs based on Indian Psychology and Neuro-Psychiatry are facilitated by a multi-disciplinary team of Neuro-Psychiatrists, Clinical Psychologists, Arts Based Therapists, Researchers and Peer Educators. Our In-Patient facility in Baner, Pune has been the hub of innovative research and implementation of a new recovery program based on the Six Paramitas (Six Perfections).
Indrajit Deshmukh is the founder director of Practical Life Skills Farm a neuro-psychiatry research and wellness center and has been working in the field of de-addiction and mental health for over a decade. A qualified Hypnotherapist and NLP practitioner along with a master level in Buddhist Psychology and Ethics. He is a certified ABT practitioner from WCCLF and over the years has conducted ABT introductory sessions in many leading educational institutes in Maharashtra.
For the Applicant Comprehension and reading skills in English.
- Post-graduation in Psychology, Social work, Humanities or Medicine OR Graduation in any stream (arts, commerce or science) with minimum two years of field experience of working with special needs group
- .The Graduation criteria will be waived for applicants having field experience of working with special needs group for three years or more.
- Applicant must have a clear understanding and experience of the 'pathology' of illness/ disability/ special need population that they will be working with.
- Inclination or passion for the art forms. Prior training or expertise in drama, music or other art forms is NOT mandatory.
- Aptitude for theory and research skills;
- Comprehension in English with writing skills in English or Hindi or Marathi.
For the Organization
Registered Organization working with special needs group. Commitment to incorporate PABT in their organizational processes.