If you can't add more hours, try these pointers
- Stick to a sleep schedule. Try to wake up at the same time even on weekends! ~We know this is hard and sleeping until 2 pm on Sunday sounds great BUT it'll make you even more tired throughout the week!~
- Try relaxing before bed. See later post for some good yoga poses that you can easily do before bed!
- If you have trouble sleeping at night, avoid napping. Especially in the late afternoon.
- Exercise daily
- Have your room temperature be between 67 and 75 degrees
- Use a bright light to manage your Circadian Rhythms. Avoid it at night and expose yourself to it in the morning
- Avoid alcohol, cigarettes, and heavy meals in the afternoon
- Wind down before bed. If you can't sleep walk around or go into a different room.
For more pointers check out: https://sleepfoundation.org/sleep-tools-tips/healthy-sleep-tips
- These poses can help you fall asleep: Legs-Up-the-Wall, Twist, Nighttime Goddess Stretch, Child's Pose, Rock-a-Bye Roll, and Cat-Cows