- See the bubble? That's the Magic Ladder at work. It's embedded into every SPI audio transcription. We're all about supporting the needs of students through DIFFERENTIATED INSTRUCTION. The SPI Learning Lab offers audio cues for context, full transcriptions of the recordings, and now, through the Magic Ladder, an innovative tool for broad reading support. With one click, struggling readers immediately receive decoding, pronunciation, and recognition support.
- For words they recognize, but don’t understand, a second touch provides instant access to the word’s definitions, synonyms, roots, and translations.
- Welcome to a new era of reading instruction; a more neurologically efficient way to learn to read and improve reading that compensates for variations in decoding, vocabulary, and native language, as it differentially scaffolds learning.
To find out more about the Magic Ladder, click HERE.
Click HERE to read what the Hechinger Report, a national publication reporting on education and ed-tech, has to say about the Magic Ladder and "The Future of Learning.
Check it out in real time.
- All SPI audio and their transcriptions, now with the embedded Magic Ladder, as well as support material and related projects and lesson plans are available to teachers and students in SPI Learning Lab subscriber schools.
- Not part of the SPI Learning Lab subscriber school network and want to find out more? Go to: spi-learninglab.org. Click Login/ Register > Click Register > Check out our 10-day free trial.
- OR go to www.storypreservation.org where you'll get more information on the Learning Lab and, by clicking on any word on the site, experience the Magic Ladder for yourself.
Here are just a few SPI Learning Lab projects. Click for an overview:
Copyright Story Preservation Initiative. All rights reserved. Our email address: email@example.com. Tele: 603 738 7477.
Story Preservation Initiative is a 501c3 public charity.