- 20% Informal assessments throughout each unit
- 40% Formal assessments at the end of each unit (Modeled after the AP CSP Exam Questions.)
- 40% Evaluation of independent and collaborative efforts. (Each student will be required to maintain and document a portfolio of their independent work throughout each unit.)
Rubrics: Each unit project is accompanied by a clear defined rubric that specifies the set of expectations for student work throughout each unit. Grading rubrics will be provided at the start of each unit as part of the initial discussion. This sets clear expectations that guide and focus the learning path.
Late Work: Late work will not be accepted. Assignments will not be available after the deadline. If you have an extenuating circumstance, please contact me by private message at least 24 hours before the assignment is due to make alternate arrangements.
Announcements will be posted in CANVAS on a regular basis. They will appear on your CANVAS dashboard when you log in. Please make certain to check them regularly, as they will contain important information about upcoming projects and class concerns.
In this course we will use the CONVERSATIONS feature in CANVAS. You can either check your messages in the CANVAS system or set up notifications to your preferred method of contact. Please check your messages regularly. When submitting messages, please do the following:
- Put a subject in the subject box that describes the email content with your name, week and message subject. Example: YOURNAMEWK2ASSIGNMENT
- Send email only to CONVERSATIONS and not my school @hbuhsd.edu account.
- Do not send messages asking general information about the class, please post those in the QUESTION FORUM.
- Do not submit your assignments by message.
- Make sure you check your messages frequently.
In online courses it is normal to have many questions about things that relate to the course, such as clarification about assignments, course materials, or assessments. Please post these in the QUESTION FORUM which you can access by clicking the DISCUSSIONS button in the course navigation links. This is an open forum, and you are encouraged to give answers and help each other.
Discussion Forums are a way for you to engage with each other about the course content. Each lesson module will have a question that links to a forum. You can also access each forum by clicking on the DISCUSSION button in the course navigation links. In order to get full credit for each discussion, you will need to post a thoughtful, well-written response on the question and respond to two of your classmates answers.