This year's MC Sports Media Team produced home and road Choctaws football and basketball games for fans on gochoctaws.com and Facebook Live. Next up: baseball and softball!
MISSISSIPPI COMMUNICATION ASSOCIATION
Save the date! The annual meeting of the Mississippi Communication Association will be next Friday, February 16, 2018, at the Holiday Inn Express in Pearl, Miss. All Communication students - undergraduate and graduate - are invited to attend for a fee of only one dollar. Students are also encouraged to submit a research paper for presentation (which looks great on a resume or graduate school application!). For details, contact Dr. Merle Ziegler.
Mark your calendars for Career Day 2018! This year's event is Tuesday, February 13, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in Anderson Hall. All students are encouraged to take advantage of the opportunity to network with local, regional, and national employers who are looking to hire Mississippi College students. Click here for a list of employers who'll attend.
Performances of Much Ado About Nothing are on tap for the 2018 Shakespeare Festival at Mississippi College. This year's shows will be in Swor Auditorium in Nelson Hall. Performances are schedule for Thursday, February 22, at 10:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.; Friday, February 23, at 10:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.; Friday, February 23, at 10:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.; Saturday, February 24, at 7:00 p.m.; and Sunday, February 25, at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $7.00 for students and $10.00 for adults. Tickets for groups of 20 or more are $4.00 each (one chaperone is free for every 10 students in youth groups). For more information, contact Dr. Phyllis Seawright.
GRADUATE & PROFESSIONAL SCHOOL DAY
The Offices of Career Services and Graduate & Professional Studies will host Graduate & Professional School Day on Tuesday, March 20, from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in Anderson Hall. This event will feature representatives from MC's various departments who will be on hand discuss information about their graduate programs with current undergraduate students. Information about enrollment, application, coursework, degree options, graduate assistantships, and more will be available. Plan now to attend!
KEEP IN TOUCH
- February 16 - Mississippi Communication Association, Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Pearl, Miss.
- February 22-24, 10:00 a.m., 7:00 p.m. - Shakespeare Festival: "Much Ado About Nothing", Swor Auditorium
- February 25, 2:30 p.m. - Shakespeare Festival: "Much Ado About Nothing", Swor Auditorium
- March 12-16 - Spring Break
- March 26-30 - Written Comprehensive Exams for Graduate Students
- April 2 - Easter Holiday
- April 9 - Graduate Convocation, 6:00 p.m., Alumni Hall 206
- April 9-12 - Registration for Summer & Fall 2018 Courses
- April 13 - Portfolio Evaluations & Luncheon
- April 16 - Oral Comprehensive Exams for Graduate Students
- April 17-19 - Spring Scenes, 7:00 p.m., Aven Little Theatre
- April 25, 11:00 a.m. - Communication Department Awards Party, Aven Little Theater
- May 4 - Graduate School Commencement, A.E. Wood Coliseum
- May 5 - Undergraduate Commencement, A.E. Wood Coliseum
Published every other Wednesday during the fall and spring semesters.