- Lost Canyon's maximum is set to 310 for the 2020-21 school season. This number does not include your work crew or medical personnel, but every other guest.
- Face coverings are required at all times inside of indoor spaces, or any time guests are not able to be physically distanced, with the exception of in your cabin and while eating in the dining hall. Every guest (camper, leader, work crew, and staff) is required to bring their own face covering; enough for each day of camp.
- Each cabin is expected to maintain social distancing guidelines from other cabins.
- Daily health screenings and temperature checks will be completed prior to arrival and Saturday before dinner. Thermometers and printed health screenings will be provided.
- No Drop-In or Day Guests will be allowed on property while camp is open.
PRIOR TO ARRIVAL
Safety at camp starts with who arrives at camp. That is why it is so important that every guest coming to Lost Canyon:
- Has NOT personally tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days
- Has NOT been in direct exposure with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 2 weeks
- Has NOT been in close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case. Please see this document released by AZDHS for further clarification
- Is free of any symptoms prior to coming to camp
- Can pass the daily health screening before and during their camp trip
The Guest Medical Screening Form must be completed before or upon arrival at Lost Canyon. This screening helps ensure that all campers, leadership, and work crew coming to Lost Canyon do not have fevers and are not experiencing coronavirus symptoms. Your team is in charge of performing the screening and documentation. This screening will need to take place once every 24 hours during your stay. Lost Canyon will provide non-contact infrared thermometers for your use.
Additionally, everyone must complete Young Life's Guest Consent and Release Form. All forms must be completed prior to arrival and turned in at registration before entering the Lost Canyon gate.
During your stay here at Lost Canyon, you will hear the term "cohort" used frequently. This refers to a group of people that will be staying in the same housing for the duration of your trip. Each dorm building will serve as it's own individual cohort.
- We require a maximum of 8 or 10 (depending on size of cabin) campers/leaders in each cabin, according to AZ State Regulations.
- Guests are required to sleep head to foot in bunks.
- Quarantine housing is set aside for anyone with symptoms waiting to be picked up from camp.
- Mattresses are disinfected in between each group. Each guest will be provided with a pillow, pillow case and towel.
- Guests staying in cabins will need to bring their own linens.(sheets/sleeping bags, blankets, etc.)
- Guests staying in Goldmine, the Pullman Suites, or Lookout Lodge will have all of their linens provided.
- We will be ringing a 10 minute bell prior to every meal to allow more time for guests to make their way into the dining hall without crowding around doors.
- Your leadership will be in charge of dismissing each cabin to go through the buffet lines
- Hand sanitizer stations are set up as guests enter the dining hall, as well as on tables.
- Face coverings are required while entering and exiting the dining hall, as well as any time guests are not actively eating/drinking.
- All meals will be served on a buffet line by food service staff and volunteers wearing PPE.
GENERAL MEETING SESSIONS
- Face coverings are required in all indoor meeting spaces.
- Guests will be assigned "cohort" area seating in order to spread out and use the entire meeting space (no congregating at the stage).
- The new maximum number for guests inside of the Iron Horse meeting space is 275 with chair seating. Please contact the Guest Group Coordinator if interested in other options for sessions.
- Hand Sanitizer stations are set up as guests enter the club room.
- No work crew will be allowed in you general meeting sessions.
- Frisbee Golf
- New hiking trails
- Playing fields (Soccer, Football, Kickball, etc.)
- Bonfire pits (Depending on weather and fire restrictions)
- Game Room (Face coverings required at all times)
- Store (Face coverings required; social distancing decals indicate 6 feet of distance)
- Stone House Coffee (Face coverings required; social distancing decals indicate 6 feet of distance)
Due to staffing and health precautions, we will not be offering the zip line, giant swing, climbing wall or snack bar.
Free time activities will be disinfected multiple times a day. Hand Sanitizer stations are set up as guests enter the gym, game room, store and coffee shop.
Lost Canyon highly recommends the following items to be shared with parents/guardians:
- Lost Canyon’s Guest Safety Measures document
- The Guest Consent and Release Form
- Young Life's health screening (to be completed every 24 hours by all camp guests).
Lost Canyon is working to closely adhere to the guidelines provided by the CDC, the American Camp Association, the state of Arizona, and the organization of Young Life. Here are a few documents that might be helpful to share should parents express concern or wonder what Lost Canyon is doing to keep camp as healthy and safe as possible.