We at Destiny Christian Center believe in the Bible as the inspired Word of God. It is profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction and instruction in righteousness, that men (and women) of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work (2 Timothy 3:16-17). Therefore our doctrine at Destiny Christian Center as listed below is solely based on the Word of God.
1. THE SCRIPTURES: The Bible is the inspired Word of God. It is the product of holy men of old who spoke and wrote as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. We accept The New Covenant, as recorded in the New Testament, as our infallible guide in matters pertaining to conduct and doctrine (II Timothy 3:16; I Thessalonians 2:3; 2 Peter 4:21).
2. THE GODHEAD: Our God is One, but manifested in three persons; The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit (Philippians 2:6; St. Matthew 3: 16-17).
3. MAN, HIS FALL AND REDEMPTION: Man is a created being made in the likeness and image of God but through Adam's transgres- sion and fall sin came into the world. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one Romans 3:10). Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was manifested to undo the work of the devil. He shed His blood and gave His life to redeem and restore man back to God. (Romans 5:12; Romans 3:23; Romans 3:9,10; I John 3:8; Galatians 3:13-14) Salvation is the gift of God to man, separate from works and the law, and is made operative by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, producing works acceptable to God. (Ephesians 2:8).
4. ETERNAL LIFE AND NEW BIRTH: Man's first step toward salvation is Godly sorrow that worketh repentance. The new birth is necessary to all men, and when it is fulfilled, it produces eternal life (II Corinthians 7:10; I John 5:12, St. John 3:3-5).
5. WATER BAPTISM: Baptism in water is by emersion and is a direct commandment of our Lord. It is for Believers only. This ordinance is a symbol of the Christians identification with Christ in his death, burial and resurrection (St. Matthew 28:19; Romans 6:4;Colossians 2:12; Acts 8:36-39). The following recommendation regarding the Water Baptismal formula is adopted: "On the confession of your faith in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost and in Jesus Name. Amen."
6. BAPTISM IN THE HOLY GHOST: The baptism in the Holy Ghost with fire is a gift from God as promised by the Lord Jesus Christ to those who are believers in this to the new birth. This experience is accompanied by the initial evidence of speaking in other tongues as the Holy Spirit Himself gives utterance (St. Matthew 3:11; St. John 14:16-17; Acts 1:8; Acts 2:38-39; Acts 19:1-7; Acts 2:4).
7. SANCTIFICATION: The Bible teaches that without holiness no man can see the Lord. We believe in the doctrine of sanctification as a definite progressive work of grace which commences at the time of regeneration and continues until the consummation of salvation (Hebrews 12:14; I Thessalonians 5:23; II Peter 3:18; II Corinthians 3:18; Philippians 3:12-14; I Corinthians 1:30).
8. DIVINE HEALING: Healing is for the physical illness of the human body and is wrought by the power of God through the prayer of faith and by laying on of hands. It is provided for by the atonement of Christ and is the privilege of every member of the Church today (St. Mark 16:18; James 5:14-20; I Peter 2:24; St. Matthew 8:17; lsaiah 53:45).
9. RESURRECTION OF THE JUST AND THE RETURN OF OUR LORD: The angels said, "This same Jesus shall so come in like manner" (Acts 1:11) His coming is imminent. When He comes, "The dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air" (I Thessalonians 4:16-17) Following the tribulation. He shall return to earth as King of kings and Lord of lords together with His Saints who shall be kings and priests. He shall then reign a thousand years (Revelation 20:6).
10. HELL AND ETERNAL RETRIBUTION: The one who physically dies in his sins without Christ is hopelessly and eternally lost in the lake of fire and has no further opportunity of hearing the gospel or for repentance. The lake of fire is literal. The terms eternal and everlasting used in describing the duration of the punishment of the damned in the lake of fire carries the same thought and meaning as endless existence as used in noting the duration of joy and ecstasy of the Saints in the presence of God (Hebrews 9:27; Revelation 19:20; Hebrews 6:l-2).
11. COMMUNION -THE LORD'S SUPPER: Until He comes, we partake of the Lord's Supper to illustrate the Lord's death (I Corinthians 11:23-31) The bread symbolizes the Lord's broken body (Isaiah 53:5; I Corinthians 11:24). The cup represents the new covenant of His blood which provides us with for-giveness and relationship with God (Hebrews 9; ICorinthians 11:25). Christians realize that salvation is provided through the Finished work of Christ and these sacraments are symbolic of His finished work. I Corinthians 11:27 then says that if anyone takes of these sacraments unworthily he is guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
12. LAYING ON OF HANDS: This is a simple belief that God's power and anointing, or any other necessary quality can be transmitted by one person touching another. Laying on of hands was practiced by the Levitical Priesthood. Jesus practiced it in St. Mark 10:13-16 as a blessing. This is our procedure for baby dedications instead of baptism. We also practice laying on of hands for healing (St. Mark 5; Acts 28:8; Acts 19-11); To confer office (Acts 6:26); to receive the Holy Ghost (Acts 8-16-18); to believe words spoken, to receive and cultivate the anointing; for ordination to consecrate and receive the necessary ministry tools (I Timothy 4:14).
"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalms 119:105
Drs. Robert and Sheila Poole are "Illuminating the pathway to purpose through the teaching of God's Word."
Our main goal in ministry is to equip the saints for the work of the ministry. We desire to train leaders to become established in prayer and fasting, evangelism and the Word of God. These three areas are the heartbeat of God and we believe that by pursuing these things we will be pleasing to Him.
Our main goal at Destiny Christian Center is to equip the saints for the work of the ministry. We desire to train leaders to become established in prayer and fasting, evangelism and the Word of God. Our heart is to teach people to grow from a child to a son through the process of deliverance, development and discipleship. We believe that in order to impact this city for the Lord Jesus Christ it is our responsibility to train up leaders and birth sons in order for God's will to be done in the earth. We plan to do this specifically and strategically through the areas listed below.
- Establish a foundation of prayer and fasting (2 Chronicles 7:13).
- Equip the saints for the work of the ministry (Ephesians 4:11-16)
- Win souls and disciple them (Acts 1:8, Matthew 28:19).
- Develop and disciple sons in the Body of Christ (Ephesians 1:17-18).
- Train the children and teach them to have a relationship with Christ (Proverbs 22:6)
- Minister to couples and help build strong Christian marriages and families (Ephesians 5:22-6:2)