- For Mangonel the formula is F=k(x)
- The arm has to be at a 45॰angle
- In order for the arm to throw the ball 5 meters
History of the Catapults
- Mangonel made 400BC
- It was invented by the Romans
- overhead arch
- At least 1,300 ft.
- Trebuchet made400BC
- maximum force
- Rocks for throwing
- Made to destroy walls
- Cities it killed a lot of people
This video is an example of a Trebuchet.
This shows a example of a Mangonel
This is my Qualitative Data
My Diagram Photo
- Parts of my catapult.
- 11 different brackets; 10 L brackets and one Hinge.
- brackets hold the wood in place,reinforced screws; the hinge holds the arm in place.
- wood that stops the arm at 45 degrees
- bottom of the catapult there are 4 rubber feet
- Counter weights hold the catapult down.
- Moved spring to outer eye hooks
- Added Bungee
- Tested again
- Added another Bungee
- Tested again
- Change the angel about 48 degrees
- Changed holder for ball less depth
My Catapult Test Videos And Photos
This is test number 2
This is test number 1
- Spring/bungee stretched back equals more potential energy
- When released compression potential energy turns into knit energy
- launching the lever
- transferred from spring to the arm into the tennis ball
- Constructing my catapult the is trick was to find the proper length of the arm
- Tension-spring or bungee best launching angle approx. 45 degrees
If you want to throw eggs and stuff at your siblings go build a catapult.