By the end of the course, you will:
- Know the reasons for and the aims of the MCA;
- Have an awareness of the legal principles and how they work in practice;
- Be aware of the MCA tools locally available to assess mental capacity and best interests;
- Develop confidence in using the legislation to determine mental capacity and best interests, and documenting the same;
- Understand the difference between restricting movement and depriving liberty;
- Have a better understanding of when and how to access the Court of Protection.
- Have an overview of LPS;
- Be able to access further online resources to develop learning.