The mixing method for foam cakes is the foam mixing method. The steps are, sift and measure the flour. Beat eggs until white and foamy,add the salt and cream of tarter. Continue beating eggs till soft peaks. Gradually add sugar and beat to a stiff peak. Fold the flour into the egg whites with a rubber scrapper.
- Beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks, and then add cream of tartar, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Sift together flour, sugar, and salt. Repeat five times.
- Gently combine the egg whites with the dry ingredients, and then pour into an ungreased 10 inch tube pan.
- Place cake pan in a cold oven. Turn the oven on; set it to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Cook for about one hour, or until cake is golden brown.
- Invert cake, and allow it to cool in the pan. When thoroughly cooled, remove from pan.
This recipe relates to foam cakes by only using egg whites and mechanically mixing them to form soft peaks and then to stiff. This also involves nothing that contains fat.
This video by, The Joy Of Baking relates to foam cakes because the type of cake she is making requires no fat and only uses egg whites in the recipe.