- GE was formed in 1889 through combining and incorporating several light and electricity businesses started by inventor Thomas Edison into Edison General Electric Company
- One of the original twelve companies listed on the Dow Jones Industrial Average
- Headquartered in Boston, MA
Mission and Vision Statement
- GE's Mission is to invent the next industrial era, to build, move, power, and cure the world.
- GE's Vision is to focus on businesses that connect to its core competencies and is a market leader in.
- Underwent a massive transformation in the past 5 years to focus on core competencies in electricity, aviation, healthcare, and other industrial industries
- Moved away from appliances, media, and financial services business in order to be a pioneer in technology, developing markets, and service industries
- Caterpillar Inc.
- CIGNA Corporation
- Raytheon Corporation
- United Technologies Corporation
Why I want to be a part of the GE family
- Commitment to employee development and advancement -LIG Program
- Storied, well-respected company
- Dedication to being the best
- Strong Leadership