Our best is when we're together.
Better Together is Adobe's Pride 2019 campaign. It's about taking pride in all the beautiful aspects of our LGBTQ+ identity including sexuality, gender, race, culture, background, and/or religion. Our best decisions happen when they are driven by all the identities and perspectives of our employees and our customers.
The pillars that drive our campaign:
1. Our Employees
- For employees wishing to undergo gender reassignment, we cover it just like any other medical cost. We cover surgery, medications, hair reconstruction/removal and voice/communication therapy.
- Equal benefits coverage for same-sex spouses and domestic partners.
- Reimbursement up to $25,000 for each adoption (maximum of two) for employees wishing to have children.
- Through Adobe’s LGBTQ+ employee group, employees have a safe space to share LGBTQ+ specific experiences in the workplace, curate events throughout the year, and influence company policy.
- 2 Internal #AdobeForAll Summits: sponsoring 2,000 employees globally to attend. Focused on celebrating the power of unique differences and shared similarities. Both Summits are an opportunity to champion diversity and expand our role in making Adobe an inclusive place to work.
- Employees are empowered to create and lead their own programs for the company. AdobeProud members are leading marches across 9 sites globally this year, putting on LGBTQ+ events ranging from community volunteering opportunities, LGBTQ+ conference representation, panels, history activities, LGBTQ+ movie screenings, mixers/outings, and trainings around How to be an Ally in the Workplace and Affirming Gender in The Workplace.
2. Community Support
For Pride this year, we're partnering with 24 local LGTBQ+ charities to demonstrate our commitment to the local communities we’re a part of. The charities were hand picked by our local chapters of AdobeProud. Adobe matches every dollar contributed by employees 1:1. In addition to these important organizations, Adobe has chosen to provide the Human Rights Campaign with a $25,000 grant to further support their mission of driving towards a world where LGBTQ+ people are ensured of their basic equal rights, and can be open, honest and safe at home, at work and in the community.
Workplace Protections for LGBTQ+ People
- #EqualityAct: Adobe is a proud supporter of the Equality Act: federal legislation that would provide protections to LGBTQ+ people in the workplace. The Equality Act seeks to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity in employment, ensuring that LGBTQ+ employees are hired, fired, and promoted based on their performance.