weekly school News
** Each week be sure to scroll to the bottom of the weekly newsletter for all kinds of community and extracurricular activities/events (basketball, dance, cheerleading, cross country, etc...)
1. Thanksgiving Break (November 21st-23rd): We will be out of school next Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to celebrate Thanksgiving. The next MIS News will be available on Friday, November 30th. We hope you have a safe and enjoyable break.
2. Rally for Riley (November 26th-30th): Our school is raising money for Riley Children's Hospital. All money raised will be donated to the hospital. We can make a dramatic difference in the level of care and comfort Riley Hospital is able to provide children. Please check out the link below for Spirit Day activities and required donations for participation.
3. Sertoma Essay Contest: Our 6th graders were invited to participate in the Sertoma "What Freedom Means to Me" Essay Contest. We would like to recognize Reign.Beau L., Jake O., and Madison S. Their essays were selected to represent MIS in this contest.
Special congrats to Madison S. Her essay was selected by the local Sertoma organization as their essay winner.
4. Family STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Night: Thanks to all who came out Wednesday to participate in this great event. We had a great turnout and there seemed to be a lot of fun had. We hope you enjoyed your evening.
5. MIS Robotics Team: We had a great first event of the season last weekend. This was the first ever Robotics Competition that MIS hosted. A big thanks to GCHS for allowing us to host there. We would also like to recognize the GCHS VEX Robotics coaches and team members for giving of your Saturday to help us pull off a well organized event.
Special thanks to our own MIS Robotics team for a fine performance and representing MIS in a wonderful fashion. Finally, a huge thank you to our Robotics coaches and staff members who put in an unreal amount of hours and time to allow us to provide such a great opportunity to our students.
6. Safe School Alert: SafeSchools Alert is our district's tip reporting service. If you have information about a threat to our safety, do your part and report it. Please remember, you can remain anonymous. Should you have a need to report an issue, please click on the link below for details on how to do so.
7. PTO News: PTO is looking for parents and volunteers. They do so much for our school, and we would love to see you join us in any way you can. The next PTO meeting will be Thursday, December 13th from 2:30-3:15 in the library. If you have any questions, please contact the office for more information. We would love for you to join us!
8. Hancock County Christmas Connection Application:
9. Toys for Tots: If you would like to make a donation to the cause, a collection box is available in the school office until December 8th.
10. #thankfulThursday: As mentioned earlier this year, we had a large group of staff members who met on several occasions over the summer to discuss our old "Behavior Card." The goal was to find a way to make this a more positive communication tool for our parents and students. This card was created as a scaled feedback tool to provide you with, not only the traditional information you have always received, but also a glimpse into the positive choices and leadership that your child is displaying throughout his/her day.
Knowing this, the office staff is requesting your help again. We would like to share with our staff regular, positive feedback from a variety of sources. Please take a few moments and use the link below to provide some encouragement to those folks that are making a major difference in your child's future. These comments can be anonymous, or you can provide your name. The office staff will use the provided comments every Thursday for our #thankfulThursday movement. The attached form can be completed, as little or often as you like, throughout the entire school year. We appreciate your continued support in growing the culture of gratitude that already exists at MIS!!
A couple of comments that have been shared:
"I always appreciate Mrs. Warner's kind feedback and encouraging words."
"I’m so thankful my daughter goes to a school (especially Mrs. Best) that cares so much for their students and that they get to school early to tutor them!"
11. Gotcha Prize Winners: We would like to recognize the following students for exhibiting great character throughout the week. They were selected as our "Gotcha" prize winners this week:
Chloe K., Addison B., Maddox R., Audrey J., Autumn J., RJ S., Isaiah S., and Carly M.
12. ILEARN (replaces ISTEP+): Attached is a document from the Indiana Department of Education identifying 5 Key Points for Parents to know about the new assessment students will be taking this spring
13. School Dismissal Manager: Should you still need to sign up for School Dismissal Manager, please click the link below.
14. Volunteer Forms: Click on the link. Once you are on the page, click on the red apply button in the upper right hand corner to complete the process.
Keeping Up With the Latest Information at MIS
Click the button below for more details
- MIS PTO Email Contact: MaxwellPTO.email@example.com
- MIS Twitter Feeds (#proud2bMIS, #MISgotchas)
November 21st-23rd: Thanksgiving Break (No School)
November 29th: K-Kids Meeting (7:00am)
December 13th: PTO Meeting (2:30pm - Library)
OPPORTUNITIES AROUND MIS, GC, AND THE LOCAL COMMUNITY