Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel was born on August 19, 1883 in Saumur, France. When her mother died of bronchitis, her father put her and her sisters into an orphanage, where she soon learned to sew.
- mother died at the age of 32 due to bronchitis
- father abandoned her & her sisters.
- suffered from depression
- was a woman in the 1900s
- during World War II she had to close all her shops, which reduced income.
- fashion icon
- "eyebrows on fleek"
- the little black dress
- costume jewelry
- pant suits
- branded perfume
- August 19, 1883 Coco was born in Saumur France
- 1910 she opened her very first boutique named, Chanel Modes
- 1921 she launched her first fragrance. "Chanel NO.5
- 1924 she introduced her first makeup line
- 1925 Coco introduced the 'Chanel Suit'
- 1926 the little black dress was introduced
- 1939 Coco closed her boutique due to WWII
- 1957 the 'Two toned shoe' was introduced
- 1969 A broadway musical was made about her life
- January 10, 1971, Coco Chanel died in Paris, France at the age of 87