Since 2001, the University of Notre Dame Athletics Department has offered an extensive internship program utilizing interns in various aspects of Athletics Administration. Athletics Department Interns are classified as full-time employees and are considered valuable members of the Athletics Department staff. Athletics Department Interns are provided the opportunity to learn a great deal about their specific area of interest while also gaining valuable hands-on experience in the successful overall operation of an NCAA Division I Athletics Program. We also strive to provide our interns with every possible opportunity to grow via endless professional development opportunities. Notre Dame has attracted interns from all over the country and from some of the top sport management programs (graduate and undergraduate) in the nation. Many former interns have secured employment upon completion of their internship or left to pursue graduate degrees from various prestigious universities.
A key component of our Fighting Irish Internship Experience includes a commitment to helping you develop as a professional.
- Senior Administrators host a social gathering at least once a month where interns will get to network, build relationships, and learn their story and advice for successful careers in the business
- Monthly Intern Development Sessions to include guest speakers; educational sessions; self-awareness assessments; etc.
- Resume/Cover Letter workshops as well as Mock Interviews
- Special projects and volunteer opportunities in areas outside of your sub-department
- Annual field trip to Indianapolis to interact and network with staff members from the various sports organizations in that area: Horizon League; Indianapolis Colts; Indiana Sports Corp; NCAA